Sign in with
Your question

Radeon hd 6770 cheaper versions?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 31, 2012 12:45:45 AM

hey guys,

i was browsing around the internet and was searching for the radeon hd 6770. now i found a few different versions of this card. some versions look different and more "cheap".

http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Componenten-Videokaart/Sapp...

http://www.computergalaxy.nl/popup_add_image.php?images...

as you all see the card on the second link looks like crap compared to the first link. is there a difference in power between these cards or is it just the look.

i also found a few other cards with the letters MSI, is this brand like a cheap manufactor? or om i missing something?
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2012 1:01:47 AM

I agree with gary1 if you can get the 6850. But if not there isn't much of a difference between different 6770's. Main difference is the cooler a better one will allow you to overclock more than for example a reference model (heat-sink from factory). If you don't plan on overclocking you can look either for the cheapest one or for one that is factory overclocked.

What is your PSU, motherboard, current GPU and CPU?
Also budget?
Related resources
March 31, 2012 1:03:33 AM

hey gary1 thnx for the reply,

i know that the 6850 is a better choise but i was really wondering because the hd6770 is not the only graphic card with more different "versions". but they are like all as good even the MSI wich looks way "cheaper"?
March 31, 2012 1:06:32 AM

andrewcarr said:
I agree with gary1 if you can get the 6850. But if not there isn't much of a difference between different 6770's. Main difference is the cooler a better one will allow you to overclock more than for example a reference model (heat-sink from factory). If you don't plan on overclocking you can look either for the cheapest one or for one that is factory overclocked.

What is your PSU, motherboard, current GPU and CPU?
Also budget?

i'm going to buy a whole new system within the next few weeks so atm nothing. i will now consider to get a 6850 but i don't game alot and when i do it will be more like wow/i don't really care playing a shooter like blackops on lower quality:) 
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2012 1:06:35 AM

Yes all as good (as long as brand is good too, which MSI is) just different coolers so if you want to overclock you may want to spend a bit more so you can overclock further.
March 31, 2012 1:10:47 AM

andrewcarr said:
Yes all as good (as long as brand is good too, which MSI is) just different coolers so if you want to overclock you may want to spend a bit more so you can overclock further.

won't be overclocking and since i don't game alot a better graphic cooler won't be needed i gues:) 

thnx for your help man!
!