Jak Atackka

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hello everyone! I'm building myself a budget gaming computer (budget: $750) and I'm collecting the parts one by one. My next part to purchase is the case, and I'm on a $75 budget for the case and any fans/fan controllers. I'm trying to choose between three different cases:
Apevia X-Jupiter Jr. G-Type - $64.99 (–$25 MIR = $39.99), $10 Shipping
Broadway Com Corp 939PL-BLACK - $44.99, $6 Shipping
Rosewill Challenger - $49.99, Free Shipping

This is a serious gaming rig, with an i5 3570k processor and an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 paired with an XFX Radeon HD 6870, and I plan to overclock it, so it will produce some heat. My question is, which of the above cases will provide adequate cooling? I'm willing to buy more fans if I have to.

The way my gaming set up is, I will be sitting in a chair on the ground, about a foot away from the desktop unit itself, so a quiet PC is a must. I already have a completely silent PSU, and the graphics card is supposed to be very quiet, so those are covered.

* The B.C.C. 939PL-BLACK is my favorite looking of the three, and it comes with a massive 250mm LED fan on the side, which looks amazing. However, it only has two other fan mounts: one on the front, towards the bottom, and another on the back, in the middle just below the PSU mount. Both are 120mm.
* The Apevia X-Jupiter Jr. comes with a built-in temperature monitor and fan controller, both of which I really like. However, that case has only three 120mm fan mounts: one on the front, one on the back, and one on the side. The case comes with the rear and side fan.
* The Rosewill Challenger, on the other hand, has a 140mm top fan, a 120mm LED fan on the front, a rear 120mm fan, and mounting spots for two additional 120mm fans on the side.

Will the 939PL provide adequate cooling, or am I going to have to get the Challenger if I want to do any major overclocking? And can I expect to get a good enough case+fans that are both very good at cooling and very quiet at only $75, or is that asking too much?

- Jak Atackka

Solution
Most people tend to go for the Challenger and that is the one I would Opt for has well, the other two cases are cheaply made so save yourself the disappointment

Jak Atackka

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Any second opinions? I vastly prefer the looks of the 939PL-BLACK over the others, but I don't want to fry my computer either. Is this an issue of "it doesn't cool it super-well" or "it isn't capable of cooling it adequately"?

- Jak Atackka

AstroTC

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Most people tend to go for the Challenger and that is the one I would Opt for has well, the other two cases are cheaply made so save yourself the disappointment

Solution

rebbit

Honorable
May 30, 2012

+1

legitasl3alls

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
You obviously are leaning towards 939PL-BLACK. I honestly prefer the looks of the challenger more, even though that isn't a big deal. You can put in LED fans that get the job done and look sick too. As many reviewers and educated people on this site that are here for your benefit have said, go for the challenger.

The challenger won an award for being cheap . In the same sentence they gave it an award they siad the metal was thin and the plastic front was not well made .
They wished they had the money for an Antec 300 .........which is now cheaper than the challenger
and has always been excellent quality