Sign in with
Your question

[DISPLAY] ASUS VS248H-P. Yes or no?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 31, 2012 2:24:39 AM

I'm looking for a good monitor for around $200 for a Surround triple monitor setup (Gaming). Planning on buying a GTX 680 4G FTW so I would like to have DVI and HDMI.

I've been all around the ballcourt from Viewsonic, to Dell, and finally to ASUS. The ASUS VS248H-P seems to be the best bet. My question is if anyone has one, does it work well for gaming?

I've heard it had some issues with ghosting, but turning down the Trace got rid of them.

Looking at the ASUS website, I've found out the ASUS VS248H-P is a "contrast of gloss black and mat texture" but I don't know if that means the screen or the bezel. Would be good to know if anyone has one or knows this.

I don't really know much about the difference in matte vs glossy screens just that the glossy screens tend to look better but have bad reflections from light (wouldn't matter much to be as I'm in my basement man cave).

Same with refresh rates. I don't know that I will be getting 120 Hz refresh rates in this price range, but does this monitor have a pretty good one?

And of course if anyone has a recommended monitor in my price range feel free to mention it.

Thanks!

More about : display asus vs248h

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
March 31, 2012 2:36:56 AM

i just got a viewsonic va2448m-led with 3 years warrantry for 229. canadien +tax,does the 1080 p been playing on last night give it a+
March 31, 2012 2:47:22 AM

scout_03 said:
i just got a viewsonic va2448m-led with 3 years warrantry for 229. canadien +tax,does the 1080 p been playing on last night give it a+

I like the Viewsonics, but after seeing them in the store they have quite a large bezel for a triple monitor setup. Also no nice 24" one with both HDMI and DVI. They are either HDMI and VGA or DVI and D-Sub. Quite annoying...
Related resources
March 31, 2012 3:05:07 AM

I would say no to that one because of the anti-ghosting crap that happens with it. I recommend the ASUS VS Series VS247H-P, while you will be sacrificing .4" (oh my god your gunna die because of that), it has a 2ms response time with out the anti-ghosting from the Asus overdrive feature that makes the 2ms response time on it and causes the anti-ghosting. The ASUS VS Series VS247H-P has a "true" 2ms response time. Not to mention it is also cheaper and it does have the ports you need. It also has been commonly going on sale to $160 recently which is an amazing deal for that good of a monitor. Mainly because of the price difference I thinks it is a much better deal. Heres the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
March 22, 2013 4:11:54 PM

Hey did you ever figure it out or actually order one? Both the ASUS VS247H-P and the ASUS VS248H-P are on sale atm with rebates. The VS247 is $129.99 after $20 rebate and the VS248 is $169.00. I'm strongly considering either monitor but do not know which one to choose. Please tell me how pleased you were with the choice you made asap.
April 15, 2013 8:34:09 PM

MrWizzy where did you find the vs247 @ $129?
October 4, 2013 1:57:27 PM

WarHammer28 said:
MrWizzy where did you find the vs247 @ $129?

on newegg right now if you count the $20 mail in rebate
!