Smoke started bellowing out of my xbox today... Looks like the leads on the
C7G6 capacitor, and the capacitor itself melted. Where can I even buy this
capacitor? Any ideas?

len Bogus wrote:
> Smoke started bellowing out of my xbox today... Looks like the leads on the
> C7G6 capacitor, and the capacitor itself melted. Where can I even buy this
> capacitor? Any ideas?

Another Xbox?

Wurm wrote:
> "len Bogus" <lenbogus@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Smoke started bellowing out of my xbox today... Looks like the leads on
> the
> > C7G6 capacitor, and the capacitor itself melted. Where can I even buy this
> > capacitor? Any ideas?
> >

> theoretically you could snip off the capacitor from the mobo, bring it to a
> good electronic's parts store and they could ID it for you and sell you an
> equivalent replacement to solder onto the board. Of course much more could
> be fried than just that capacitor, who knows what funky power surges went
> through the board so after all this work you could very well end up with a
> still dead xbox.
>
> to be safe replace the mobo, a modding store could do this for you fairly
> easily.

No, the best thing to do is replace it with the FLUX-121G Capacitor.

Knight37

"len Bogus" <lenbogus@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Smoke started bellowing out of my xbox today... Looks like the leads on
the
> C7G6 capacitor, and the capacitor itself melted. Where can I even buy this
> capacitor? Any ideas?

theoretically you could snip off the capacitor from the mobo, bring it to a
good electronic's parts store and they could ID it for you and sell you an
equivalent replacement to solder onto the board. Of course much more could
be fried than just that capacitor, who knows what funky power surges went
through the board so after all this work you could very well end up with a
still dead xbox.

to be safe replace the mobo, a modding store could do this for you fairly
easily.

Wurm

knight37 wrote:
> Wurm wrote:
>> "len Bogus" <lenbogus@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Smoke started bellowing out of my xbox today... Looks like the
>>> leads on the C7G6 capacitor, and the capacitor itself melted. Where
>>> can I even buy this capacitor? Any ideas?
>>>

>> theoretically you could snip off the capacitor from the mobo, bring
>> it to a good electronic's parts store and they could ID it for you
>> and sell you an equivalent replacement to solder onto the board. Of
>> course much more could be fried than just that capacitor, who knows
>> what funky power surges went through the board so after all this
>> work you could very well end up with a still dead xbox.
>>
>> to be safe replace the mobo, a modding store could do this for you
>> fairly easily.
>
> No, the best thing to do is replace it with the FLUX-121G Capacitor.
>
> Knight37

Would that allow his Xbox to travel to 1950?