casio exilim EX-Z750 movie sound delay problem

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 16, 2005 6:31:41 PM

Hi,

has anyone else come accross this problem with this casio :

in all 4 types of movie modes the resulting files played on my PC have
a delay in image versus sound, so the image is out of sync and lags
behind the sound that was recorded. The movies files viewed on the
camera do not have this problem.

I have the newest firmware (1.1) on the camera, and I have played the
files on my PC with both real player and windows media player, both
have the same problem.

any suggestions welcome....

Ronald
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 9:41:28 PM

>the image is out of sync and lags behind the sound that
> was recorded. The movies files viewed on the
>camera do not have this problem.

That should be telling you something.. It is obviously a problem with
your playback method, most likely old codecs. Google the word 'codec'.
And we could possibly have helped more directly if you had said what
type of movies they were. AVI, MPG, MOV,...... Check the cameras
specifications for the movie type/version, then check your players to
see if they are 100% compatible.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 3:43:00 AM

Ronald wrote
> ...problem with this casio [Z750]:
> ...the image is out of sync and lags behind the sound that was
> recorded....viewed on the camera do not have this problem.
> ...on my PC with both real player and windows media player,
> both have the same problem....

Try this: VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/

Excerpt from its "Introduction":
"Originally called VideoLAN Client, VLC media player is the main software of
the VideoLAN solution.... "
"VideoLAN is a complete software solution for video streaming and playback,
developed by students of the Ecole Centrale Paris and developers from all
over the world, under the GNU General Public License (GPL). VideoLAN is
designed to stream MPEG videos on high bandwidth networks.
VideoLAN was originally designed for network streaming but VideoLAN's main
software, VLC media player has evolved to become a full-featured
cross-platform media player...."
In a nutshell, an open source *universal* media player.

Please report back the result.

--
Lin Chung
[Replace "the Water Margin" with "ntlworld" for e-mail].

they are MPEG-4, 640x480 VGA, 30fps, AVI files

I'll check out the videolan and the codecs, and post results back to
the group
July 17, 2005 5:11:10 AM

VLC plays them just fine !
!