Newbie Questions

Just got an xbox and I need to ask some newbie questions that I sure have
been asked a few times before.

1) Can I change my standard 10 gig hard drive to a new 120 gig just by
switching the hard drives.

2) One xbox that I have will play one game with no problem but the other
games that I tried gives me the "This is an Xbox game, please enter a game
to continue" message.
How do I fix this?

3) How do I put a music cd on to the hard drive so that I can listen to it
instead of the
game's music?

I have other questions, like about modchips, dashboards, dvd2xbox but let me
start with the simple things

Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about newbie questions

    Whorrorfan wrote:
    > Just got an xbox and I need to ask some newbie questions that I sure have
    > been asked a few times before.
    >
    > 1) Can I change my standard 10 gig hard drive to a new 120 gig just by
    > switching the hard drives.

    No.

    > 2) One xbox that I have will play one game with no problem but the other
    > games that I tried gives me the "This is an Xbox game, please enter a game
    > to continue" message.
    > How do I fix this?

    Make sure the disc is clean and scratch-free. Also, you can try
    cleaning the lens on the xbox that complains about the disc.

    > 3) How do I put a music cd on to the hard drive so that I can listen to it
    > instead of the
    > game's music?

    The option is somewhere in the dashboard -- sorry I can't be more
    specific. One thing to be wary of, however, is that CD-R often are not
    readable by your xbox, so you may only be able to use stamped (read:
    retail) audio discs.

    www.xbox-scene.com is a good place to go for question about that.

    http://www.xbox-scene.com/

    Whorrorfan wrote:
    > Just got an xbox and I need to ask some newbie questions that I sure have
    > been asked a few times before.
    >
    > 1) Can I change my standard 10 gig hard drive to a new 120 gig just by
    > switching the hard drives.
    >
    > 2) One xbox that I have will play one game with no problem but the other
    > games that I tried gives me the "This is an Xbox game, please enter a game
    > to continue" message.
    > How do I fix this?
    >
    > 3) How do I put a music cd on to the hard drive so that I can listen to it
    > instead of the
    > game's music?
    >
    > I have other questions, like about modchips, dashboards, dvd2xbox but let me
    > start with the simple things
    >
    > Thanks in advance

Console Gaming Games Hard Drives Xbox Video Games