Newbie Questions

Last response: in Video Games
September 4, 2005 10:21:55 PM

Just got an xbox and I need to ask some newbie questions that I sure have
been asked a few times before.

1) Can I change my standard 10 gig hard drive to a new 120 gig just by
switching the hard drives.

2) One xbox that I have will play one game with no problem but the other
games that I tried gives me the "This is an Xbox game, please enter a game
to continue" message.
How do I fix this?

3) How do I put a music cd on to the hard drive so that I can listen to it
instead of the
game's music?

I have other questions, like about modchips, dashboards, dvd2xbox but let me
start with the simple things

Thanks in advance

More about : newbie questions

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 3:33:08 AM

Whorrorfan wrote:
> Just got an xbox and I need to ask some newbie questions that I sure have
> been asked a few times before.
>
> 1) Can I change my standard 10 gig hard drive to a new 120 gig just by
> switching the hard drives.

No.

> 2) One xbox that I have will play one game with no problem but the other
> games that I tried gives me the "This is an Xbox game, please enter a game
> to continue" message.
> How do I fix this?

Make sure the disc is clean and scratch-free. Also, you can try
cleaning the lens on the xbox that complains about the disc.

> 3) How do I put a music cd on to the hard drive so that I can listen to it
> instead of the
> game's music?

The option is somewhere in the dashboard -- sorry I can't be more
specific. One thing to be wary of, however, is that CD-R often are not
readable by your xbox, so you may only be able to use stamped (read:
retail) audio discs.

> I have other questions, like about modchips, dashboards, dvd2xbox but let me
> start with the simple things

www.xbox-scene.com is a good place to go for question about that.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 1:31:34 PM