Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 31, 2012 5:20:41 AM

Hi everyone i just need help because its my first 2 builds so i wanted to ask to make sure before buying anything so there is An EVGA GTX 680 super overclocked that i wanted to buy and both of my builds have gigabyte motherboards the first one is GA-Z68XP-UD3 which has PCI express 3.0 and the other is X79-UD5 which also has a PCI Express 3.0 will the EVGA GPU work on Both of the motherboards ??

More about : question

Best solution

a c 86 Î Nvidia
a c 222 V Motherboard
March 31, 2012 5:27:28 AM

Yes. There's no technical reason why they wouldn't work.
March 31, 2012 5:28:51 AM

Thanks i was worried but now i will buy them on release date
m
l
Related resources
March 31, 2012 3:58:36 PM

I have another question for the future purposes if i buy a motherboard from a brand Ex.(Asus) and i saw a nice GPU from another brand Ex.(gigabyte) will the GPU work or i have to buy the same brand of the motherboard???
m
l
a c 86 Î Nvidia
a c 222 V Motherboard
March 31, 2012 4:11:47 PM

boshhab said:
I have another question for the future purposes if i buy a motherboard from a brand Ex.(Asus) and i saw a nice GPU from another brand Ex.(gigabyte) will the GPU work or i have to buy the same brand of the motherboard???

It will work fine because that is the point of an open system architecture unlike Apple's closed system architecture.

In terms of motherboards and graphics cards there are no cross brand limitations because companies don't want to limit their potential market and potential profits. The motherboards and graphics cards would also be denied industry compatibility certifications.
m
l
March 31, 2012 4:13:07 PM

Best answer selected by boshhab.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 31, 2012 4:14:21 PM

What he said. For future reference, ANY PCIe 2.0 GPU or above will work with ANY PCIe 1.0 and above motherboard. (You may have problems with a 2.1 GPU or above with a 1.0 mobo)
m
l
March 31, 2012 4:43:04 PM

Ok so i just need to watch out for the PCI slot in the motherboard but i am most Interested in Kepler-based GPU which is PCI 3.0 and i have two PCI 3.0 mobos i Really prefer Nvidia for their technologies
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 31, 2012 4:44:03 PM

Most boards/GPU's on the market are going to be PCIe 2.0 and above, you really can't buy anything lower than 2.0 anymore.
m
l
!