My cpu is running way to HOT

emperor piehead

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
i have a 3570k and antec 620 kuhler. my problem is that just doing daily things like this post it is at 1.6ghz and is 74c. I know this is way to hot and using and using ai suite to configure chassis fans at 60% and cpu at 80%. Does anyone no how i can keep cooler with out spending money or have a tractor next to me. rest of system at 30c - 45c

case nzxt phantom 410

fan config
2x 120mm front intake
2x 140mm top exhaust
1x 120mm rear intake rad fan nf-p12

cpu=3570k
cpu cooler=Antec 620 kuhler

Solution
Even if the fan is not attached or operate at all, it shouldn't running in that high temp. Most likely the pump is faulty which could explain the high temp. RMA it right away.

Unless you forgot to removed the clear plastic cover on the antec 620 kuhler CPU block which I doubt you did.

It sounds like it's throttleing the speeds because of the heat. I would make sure the exaust/rad fan is working and make sure he pump is working. Also make sure the water block is seated right.

Turn on the computer and take off the side panel. Your computer should look something like this:

620-installed-in-df-85_zpsa393371e.jpg

The red arrow shows the fan. Make sure it is spinning and also make sure it is exausting and not intaking air.

The blue triangle shows the CPU water block. Check to make sure the block looks like it's seated right and is fully screwed down. There shouldn't be and play. Also you should be able to hear if the pump is working or not.

Download CPUID HWMonitor an see what that says. It could be a faulty reading or faulty sensor.

To post a picture in a post like I did you have to host the picture on a website like photobucket then copy the IMG code they give you and paste it on the post.

kizwan

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Even if the fan is not attached or operate at all, it shouldn't running in that high temp. Most likely the pump is faulty which could explain the high temp. RMA it right away.

Unless you forgot to removed the clear plastic cover on the antec 620 kuhler CPU block which I doubt you did.

Solution