Sign in with
Your question

Worlds most demanding game

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 31, 2012 10:58:55 AM

Hello,
does any1 know what the worlds most demanding computer game is?

More about : worlds demanding game

a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2012 11:14:52 AM

Metro 2033 is the hardest to run at its maximum settings. Here's a comparative benchmark in which it, BF3 and Crysis 2 all get similar framerates, but Metro isn't even on its highest settings. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-680-rev...
Quote:
Testing high-end graphics cards allows us to step up to High detail settings in Metro 2033. We still can’t get consistently playable frame rates at the Very High preset, and we dare not enable the DirectCompute-based depth of field filter known take a debilitating cut out of the overall frame rate.

And that's with the best single-GPU card in the world!
m
l
March 31, 2012 11:22:05 AM

GTA 4 i think
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2012 12:18:20 PM

Metro is one of the most demanding for GPU power, GTA4 is poorly coded so needs more performance than it should. Wicher 2 with ubersampling enabled is also seriously demanding.
m
l
March 31, 2012 12:25:37 PM

Everyone forgets about Crysis 1 it is after all a more demanding game than it's console ported drivel Crysis 2
m
l
March 31, 2012 2:34:57 PM

in future it would be gta5
m
l
March 31, 2012 2:49:32 PM

ritwik said:
in future it would be gta5

The trailer looks just the exact same as GTA 4 only in a "new" area LOL
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2012 3:12:07 PM

starcraft for cpu
crysis or metro for gpu
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2012 8:41:37 PM

Nah, Metro's more intense than either Crysis. Check out the reviews above. Metro and Crysis get the same fps, but Metro isn't on max settings.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2012 11:37:59 PM

Those are demanding games, but IMO those should be "better" optimized. I mean, mostly all of them wont use more than 3 o 4 cores. So the most avanced CPUS wont be exploit as should be, thus theres no game that makes an I7 (6core) squish as it should. Metro have proven being a the nightmare for hardware, but so many titles and only 1 being that demanding, that kills mostly GPUs..

Its sad to say that consoles are holding us back about damanding games that actually uses the full hardware.

It is not that bad for us, that uses "old" hardware for casual gaming as a dual core in my place, but shouldnt we have left dual cores at least 2 years ago?

I should add that one demanding game is Batman: Arkham City.
m
l
March 31, 2012 11:50:49 PM

Arma 2 is totally greedy as far as HW goes :D 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 12:22:22 AM

Probably some army simulator that only the government has.
m
l
April 1, 2012 12:29:44 AM

kajabla said:
Nah, Metro's more intense than either Crysis. Check out the reviews above. Metro and Crysis get the same fps, but Metro isn't on max settings.

Metros more buggy too
m
l
April 1, 2012 12:32:01 AM

horaciopz said:
Those are demanding games, but IMO those should be "better" optimized. I mean, mostly all of them wont use more than 3 o 4 cores. So the most avanced CPUS wont be exploit as should be, thus theres no game that makes an I7 (6core) squish as it should. Metro have proven being a the nightmare for hardware, but so many titles and only 1 being that demanding, that kills mostly GPUs..

Its sad to say that consoles are holding us back about damanding games that actually uses the full hardware.

It is not that bad for us, that uses "old" hardware for casual gaming as a dual core in my place, but shouldnt we have left dual cores at least 2 years ago?

Batman is just poorly coded it seems people here are confusing poorly coded games as hardware intensive games.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 12:38:47 AM

+1 Metro
m
l
April 1, 2012 2:12:37 AM

Crysis and Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I'm pretty sure you need alien technology to run both of these games.
m
l
April 1, 2012 2:24:40 AM

horaciopz said:

As of today programor just havent found yet a good way to make a game run on more then 2 core. They aren't doing it on purpose 1 programme can't be splited that easily over multiple core. BF3 is working on 6 core because the multiplayer part is ran on 2 core and the rest of the game on the 4 others. And as every single game builded to work on 4 core, the major part of the game is handled on 2 core and about 30% run on the 2 others.
m
l
April 1, 2012 2:34:36 AM

When a game is not demanding enough mates here say its unoptimized then when a game doesnt really stress a game to the max they say its cuz of stinky consoles.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 3:02:35 AM

We just had a thread about this and metro 2033 wasnt really even close to being the most demanding.ARMA 2 was number 1 and witcher 2 was 2.If were talking maxed out these 2 games were the hardest to run for my 7970 I5 2500K
m
l
April 1, 2012 3:04:42 AM

Id say metro 2033
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 3:06:16 AM

It is not metro i can assure everyone of that
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 3:10:01 AM

Heres the tests ive run all games at max settings

2012-03-20 01:42:42 - arma2
Frames: 1690 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 25.167 - Min: 13 - Max: 52

2012-03-20 01:57:04 - witcher2
Frames: 1788 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 29.800 - Min: 13 - Max: 48

2012-03-20 02:03:49 - metro2033
Frames: 2248 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 37.467 - Min: 14 - Max: 62
m
l
April 1, 2012 1:46:50 PM

MMO Fan said:
Everyone forgets about Crysis 1 it is after all a more demanding game than it's console ported drivel Crysis 2

You call this drivel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmupVG1uPoU&list=UUZXSZd...

Anyway...

OP: I currently own or have played a wide range of demanding PC games, including Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2, ARMA 2, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Gears of War (PC), etc...

I would have to say that the most demanding, as well as the best looking, of all of the above would have to be...

Crysis 2.

Yes, it's original DX9 release on PC put a lot of people off. After all, even the original Crysis (which came out 4 years prior, mind you) was a DX10 title. Crysis 2 vanilla looked great, that much is true. But, it just didn't really cut the mustard for a lot of people. It didn't look quite as good as the original Crysis, let alone a modern sequel. DX11/High-Res/MaLDo Texture mod/Blackfire's Mod changed all that.

Now, Crysis 2 is not only better looking and more demanding that the original Crysis, it is the best looking, most demanding game ever made up to this point.

Crysis.2.is.King.

'Nuff said.
m
l
April 1, 2012 1:48:42 PM

kajabla said:

Even with PhysX enabled using an AMD card (CPU crusher), Metro 2033 isn't even in the same league as Crysis 2 DX11/High-Res.

See the video I posted above.

It brings my dual 6970's to their knees.
m
l
April 1, 2012 2:59:54 PM

kajabla said:
What about my benchmarks? Here we've got 680 SLI, and Crysis 2 does come in at slightly lower rates, but again, Metro isn't on its maximum settings. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-680-sli...

You want me to make a video with a frame counter showing which game is more demanding maxed?

Crysis 2 probably wasn't being played in DX11 with High-Res textures in that benchmark. I am telling you, C2 is a beast. I have a very powerful PC that can achieve 100fps in just about every game I own and C2 lags when I max it out - it's a real powerhouse.

It makes me think that my rig's not that powerful after all - which is to say that it kicks my rig's ass thoroughly.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 3:08:56 PM

Just try both. Run Metro on its very highest settings with depth-of-field enabled, and see how it goes. If you get a solid 60fps, I'll eat my words.
m
l
April 1, 2012 3:34:44 PM

PCgamer81 said:
You call this drivel?

Anyway...

OP: I currently own or have played a wide range of demanding PC games, including Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2, ARMA 2, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Gears of War (PC), etc...

I would have to say that the most demanding, as well as the best looking, of all of the above would have to be...

Crysis 2.

Yes, it's original DX9 release on PC put a lot of people off. After all, even the original Crysis (which came out 4 years prior, mind you) was a DX10 title. Crysis 2 vanilla looked great, that much is true. But, it just didn't really cut the mustard for a lot of people. It didn't look quite as good as the original Crysis, let alone a modern sequel. DX11/High-Res/MaLDo Texture mod/Blackfire's Mod changed all that.

Now, Crysis 2 is not only better looking and more demanding that the original Crysis, it is the best looking, most demanding game ever made up to this point.

Crysis.2.is.King.

'Nuff said.

Crysis 1 modded will always be better looking than Crysis 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&list=UL&annotat...
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:11:46 PM

kajabla said:
Just try both. Run Metro on its very highest settings with depth-of-field enabled, and see how it goes. If you get a solid 60fps, I'll eat my words.

I will begin on it immediately and post the videos as soon as it is through.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 8:44:24 PM

Crysis may run slower but thats due to very bad multicore optimization along with x64 bit never working properly. Crysis 2 has way better graphics than Crysis 1 although Crysis 1 was in a cooler environment in my opinion.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 9:08:21 PM

mightymaxio said:
Crysis may run slower but thats due to very bad multicore optimization along with x64 bit never working properly. Crysis 2 has way better graphics than Crysis 1 although Crysis 1 was in a cooler environment in my opinion.

nope. crysis one is more demanding enviromentally. crysis 2 was taylored to consoles with low amounts of ram. the levels are designed to be closed in and keep your actual rendering amount down. its like being on a track, very linear. crysis 1 has much more open level design, which requires more ram and graphical horse power.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 9:20:50 PM

@PCgamer so it is! Eating those words now. It's much prettier, too.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 9:53:09 PM

Crysis 2 with the DX11 pack and high resolution textures is by far greater than any modded Crysis 1. Now if crytek made a patch to support DX11 features like they promised when they talked about the future of Crysis back when DX10.1 was about to be released than it would be a different story. Crysis still looks amazing but when it comes down to it Crysis is still very poorly optimized vs Crysis 2 which is why Crysis 2 not only looks better, it gets higher framerate. Don't believe me look at comparision shots.
m
l
April 1, 2012 10:29:07 PM

kajabla said:
@PCgamer so it is! Eating those words now. It's much prettier, too.

Sorry the quality was bad. I wanted to upload it fast so I kept it low quality. I wanted the emphasis to be on frames per second.

Outside of fraps, when playing normally, I usually get around 55fps on average for Crysis 2 and 60fps on average for Metro 2033. It's really too close to call, and to such an extent that there would probably be performance variation across a wide range of setups.

Here is a Crysis 2 1080p video I made...

I had my two 6970s overclocked for this video (unlike the Metro 2033 vs Crysis 2 video), because the emphasis was on eye candy.

I am running DX11, High-Res/MaLDo texture pack, and Blackfire's mod.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 11:52:44 PM

mightymaxio said:
Crysis 2 with the DX11 pack and high resolution textures is by far greater than any modded Crysis 1. Now if crytek made a patch to support DX11 features like they promised when they talked about the future of Crysis back when DX10.1 was about to be released than it would be a different story. Crysis still looks amazing but when it comes down to it Crysis is still very poorly optimized vs Crysis 2 which is why Crysis 2 not only looks better, it gets higher framerate. Don't believe me look at comparision shots.

the fact that it gets better frame rates shows directly that it is a LESS demanding game
m
l
April 2, 2012 12:27:13 AM

neon neophyte said:
the fact that it gets better frame rates shows directly that it is a LESS demanding game

And?

Even if vanilla Crysis was more demanding than Crysis 2, what does that have to do with the fact that Crysis 2 DX11/High-Res looks better than Crysis?

Also, when running Crysis 2 like it's supposed to be, it eats Crysis for breakfast.

Oh, and Grand Theft Auto 4 on the PC is more demanding than most PC games released even today. Does that mean it's better?

Of course not. Demanding is not synonymous with better.
m
l
April 2, 2012 1:11:49 AM

PCgamer81 said:
I play both Crysis and Crysis 2 heavily modded and Crysis isn't even in Crysis 2's league.

You need you eyes checked cause modded Cysis 1 is better looking and more demanding and even Cevit Yerli confirmed it. I mean look at the textures in Crysis 2 even with the pack they look all crappy and soft like a console.
m
l
April 2, 2012 1:27:05 AM

Solitaire & mine sweep!
m
l
April 2, 2012 1:33:33 AM

PCgamer81 said:
And?

Even if vanilla Crysis was more demanding than Crysis 2, what does that have to do with the fact that Crysis 2 DX11/High-Res looks better than Crysis?

Also, when running Crysis 2 like it's supposed to be, it eats Crysis for breakfast.

Oh, and Grand Theft Auto 4 on the PC is more demanding than most PC games released even today. Does that mean it's better?

Crysis 2 is a console game end of story Crysis 1 is an older PC game the whole point of Crysis 1 on the PC was to capitalize on the graphics technology. That’s why you won’t be able to see Crysis 1 on any console unless it’s powerful enough to handle a big world with all those filters turned on. The fact that Crysis 2 was made for the consoles and therefore the polygon count, texture models, destructible environments, open areas, physics are lower even with the Patches LOL. Crysis 2 has lower resolution textures most noticeably placed on foliage and concrete. 2. Volumetric lighting has now become a 2D effect. 3. Much less interactivity/destruction. 4. Particle effects are very cheap and 2D looking. Crytek had to level on a certain graphics medium to keep it consistent with the console, and the PC. So even if the PC version looks better in max settings with DX 11 and texture "patched in" it still won’t achieve that high end realistic effect like Crysis 1.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 2:07:16 AM

PCgamer81 said:
And?

wth do you mean "and?" did you even read the ops question? hes asking what the most demanding game is... wth are you going off about
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 2:47:06 AM

This thing is going pretty far away from the actual topic. We know that those are demanding games, cool... Its ok, lets move on I guess the OP question its already answered.

m
l
April 4, 2012 3:10:59 AM

PCgamer81 said:
Lalalalala la la la la
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtFEpG1RiG8&feature=rela...
la la la la Lalalalala

If that was true it would be up converted 480p DX9 on low/med settings to maintain 30fps LOL any retard understands this consoles suck man graphically speaking and Crysis 1 is NOT ON CONSOLES END OF STORY !
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2012 4:00:59 AM

Metro 2033, Crysis, Crysis 2 DX11 are some of the most GPU intensive games, IMO.
CPU intensive, has to be StarCraft II. GTA IV too.
m
l
April 4, 2012 5:26:32 AM

MMO Fan said:
Crysis 1 is NOT ON CONSOLES END OF STORY !

End of story, huh?

I've got news for you...

It most certainly IS on console. And you wanna know the sad thing?

If you knew half of what you think you know, you wouldn't need me to tell you that.

Anyway...where were we?

Oh, yeah. Crysis 1 on console.

The console version is thought by some to be very close to the PC version in quality.

It does look stunning on console, I will say that.

Oh, and if you still don't believe that Crysis is on console, look no further than...

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/877681-crysis-1-revie...

http://www.gamespot.com/crysis/reviews/crysis-review-63...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis#Console_versions

Oh, what was that? Did you say, "Crysis 1 is NOT ON CONSOLES END OF STORY !"?

MMO Fan said:
Crysis 1 is NOT ON CONSOLES END OF STORY !

I guess you did.

You were...

wait for it...

wait...

:ouch:  :ouch:  WRONG!!! :ouch:  :ouch: 

m
l
April 4, 2012 5:51:33 AM

neon neophyte said:
whacha wanna bet its running at 720p with tweaks turning down other settings as well

What are you going on about?

This guy said flat out that Crysis doesn't exist on consoles and he is clearly wrong. Game over.

The battle is lost, don't take up his fight - it's a losing situation.

Crysis does exist on consoles. And it looks great.

Unless you've seen it for yourself, don't go spouting off at the mouth.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2012 6:06:42 AM

I have to agree, Crysis on consoles looks pretty amazing. :) 
m
l
    • 1 / 6
    • More pages
    • Next
    • Newest
!