  • Configuration
  • User Accounts
  • Windows XP
January 20, 2005 3:17:59 AM

I've determined a few settings I would like to apply to my current user,
all present user accounts on the system and all future accounts to be
created on the system. How do I go about applying these settings to the
registry so that all accounts are affected?

Say for instance I want the system to automatically delete the Temporary
Internet Files for all user accounts ever created on a given system, how
do I accomplish this? I have a good idea how to make the change for the
current user but am at a lost when it comes to making this the default
setting for the system.

Thanks for your help.
Andrew

More about : changing system default settings

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 1:11:13 PM

Andrew Edwards <ridimz_at@yahoo.dot.com> wrote:

>I've determined a few settings I would like to apply to my current user,
>all present user accounts on the system and all future accounts to be
>created on the system. How do I go about applying these settings to the
>registry so that all accounts are affected?
>
>Say for instance I want the system to automatically delete the Temporary
>Internet Files for all user accounts ever created on a given system, how
>do I accomplish this? I have a good idea how to make the change for the
>current user but am at a lost when it comes to making this the default
>setting for the system.

If you know the Registry setting, apply it for one user profile, then
export the Registry key and double-click the REG file that has been
created now once in all other profiles to apply the change.
Also see "How to Create a Custom Default User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974).

--
(tm)