changing the system "default" settings

I've determined a few settings I would like to apply to my current user,
all present user accounts on the system and all future accounts to be
created on the system. How do I go about applying these settings to the
registry so that all accounts are affected?

Say for instance I want the system to automatically delete the Temporary
Internet Files for all user accounts ever created on a given system, how
do I accomplish this? I have a good idea how to make the change for the
current user but am at a lost when it comes to making this the default
setting for the system.

Thanks for your help.
Andrew
1 answer Last reply
More about changing system default settings

    Andrew Edwards <ridimz_at@yahoo.dot.com> wrote:

    >I've determined a few settings I would like to apply to my current user,
    >all present user accounts on the system and all future accounts to be
    >created on the system. How do I go about applying these settings to the
    >registry so that all accounts are affected?
    >
    >Say for instance I want the system to automatically delete the Temporary
    >Internet Files for all user accounts ever created on a given system, how
    >do I accomplish this? I have a good idea how to make the change for the
    >current user but am at a lost when it comes to making this the default
    >setting for the system.

    If you know the Registry setting, apply it for one user profile, then
    export the Registry key and double-click the REG file that has been
    created now once in all other profiles to apply the change.
    Also see "How to Create a Custom Default User Profile"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration User Accounts Windows XP