Hi,
I recently just bought a new system with this specifications:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
CPU: Intel core i5 3570k
Video: Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb ddr5 OC version
RAM: 2x4 Corsair Vengeance 1600hz
PSU: Corsair TX650
HDD: SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 500gb

Well the problem is that when im trying to install Windows 7 (haven't even started the PC once yet), right when the "Loading" screen of windows appears I get a BSOD and the computer resets. I have tried using another HDD with windows installed and didn't work either. I also tried upgrading the BIOS to a newer version and remove certain computer parts to see if anything was poorly connected, but nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Solution
What mode is your SATA controller running in? in BIOS it should show IDE, SATA, AHCI, RAID or some variation there of. Do you know what stop code is being show on the BSoD?

Flare

javendano

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Ok I got it to start. What i did is to change my BIOS settings in the hard drive to IDE, it was on AHCI, and used my old HDD that already had windows installed. The problem now is that when I try to look for my new HDD in Windows explorer it doesnt recognize it.

mach1threat

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
i had the same problem with my system. I tried using an older power supply that was actually confilicting with my MOBO. It would go through 90% of windows 7/vista install and reboot itsself right at the end and try to start up normally. Try switching out your powersupply if you can. I went to bestbuy and bought one for 50 bucks and it worked.

mach1threat

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
i had the same problem with my system. I tried using an older power supply that was actually confilicting with my MOBO. It would go through 90% of windows 7/vista install and reboot itsself right at the end and try to start up normally. Try switching out your powersupply if you can. I went to bestbuy and bought one for 50 bucks and it worked.

Flareside

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
So I am assuming you are booting the the NTFS drive and that CDFS is the other dfrive. Is there any data needed from the CDFS drive? If not delete the partition and create a new simple volume then restart your windows 7 installation with the newly formatted drive.

Flare

javendano

Honorable
May 15, 2012
So...Didn't work perfectly. The new disk is now in NTFS format but still can't install windows. I've tried to boot from a windows CD and get a BSoD as soon as the windows logo appears and if I try to install windows by inserting the CD in the old windows and select the new HDD as target, I get a BSoD as soon as it reaches the "Expanding files" part of the instalation.

Flareside

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
What mode is your SATA controller running in? in BIOS it should show IDE, SATA, AHCI, RAID or some variation there of. Do you know what stop code is being show on the BSoD?

Flare

Solution

javendano

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I'm running in IDE right now, it's the only setting that I managed to boot the old windows. Error code: 0x0000007E

Looking around just found the same error in another forum and it was because of windows 7 professional debugged version from MSDNA(I'm using the same) will try to download a standard windows 7 professional and try with that. Will update as soon as I try it.

javendano

Honorable
May 15, 2012
So stupid...It was the windows version I had. Don't know exactly why it was causing problems but I booted without any problem with a standard windows 7 professional. One would think that all windows versions in MSDN are tested before available for download.

Thanks for all the help