  • Cameras
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 4:57:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Nokia's website (http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,48628,00.html) still seems
to maintain that the 6810 (the closest thing to a camera-free, 6310i
replacement as previously discussed here) will be released in UK this
quarter, which in theory means within the next 3-and-a-bit weeks.

Any better information, like which network(s)?

Bob Martin
--
mailto:o boznegva@rhebcr.pbz; ROT13

More about : nokia 6810 release date

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 8:53:31 PM

"Bob Martin" <bobmartin@europe.com> wrote in message
> Nokia's website (http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,48628,00.html) still
seems
> to maintain that the 6810 (the closest thing to a camera-free, 6310i
> replacement as previously discussed here) will be released in UK this
> quarter, which in theory means within the next 3-and-a-bit weeks.
>
> Any better information, like which network(s)?

I kind of had the impression that most networks wouldn't bother, as they
seem to have gone overboard for the 6820 instead. In theory the 6820 is
supposed to be superior, I think - couple more features - but then the 6810
doesn't look quite so much like a toy and doesn't have a @#*$%ing camera
attached to it, which would put it somewhat higher on my list...

Nick
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 9:37:48 PM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:57:40 +0100, Bob Martin wrote:

> Nokia's website (http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,48628,00.html) still seems
> to maintain that the 6810 (the closest thing to a camera-free, 6310i
> replacement as previously discussed here) will be released in UK this
> quarter, which in theory means within the next 3-and-a-bit weeks.

So it's basically the same as the *SMS-addict's* 6820, minus the shitty
camera gimmick.

------
"Display and User Interface
High-resolution, passive-matrix color display
Supports 4096 colors within 128 x 128 pixels"
------
All the better to drain the battery faster.

------
Graphics, icons, animations, logos
Ringing tones: polyphonic tones
------
These are gimmicks that my former 6100 had, but I don't miss them.

As for replacing the 6310i ? I certainly won't be waiting in line for one.

> Any better information, like which network(s)?

Don't know...don't particularly care.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
June 3, 2004 11:18:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

They are out here in Ireland, SIM Free only..

"Bob Martin" <bobmartin@europe.com> wrote in message
> Nokia's website (http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,48628,00.html) still
seems
> to maintain that the 6810 (the closest thing to a camera-free, 6310i
> replacement as previously discussed here) will be released in UK this
> quarter, which in theory means within the next 3-and-a-bit weeks.
>
> Any better information, like which network(s)?
>

> Bob Martin
> --
> mailto:o boznegva@rhebcr.pbz; ROT13

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 7:34:41 PM

In article news:<2i8vt5Fk6ik4U1@uni-berlin.de>, Nick Drew wrote:
> I kind of had the impression that most networks wouldn't bother,
> as they seem to have gone overboard for the 6820 instead.

The *networks* like the camera as they think it will encourage people
to send lots of (chargeable) MMS messages. That's a bit of a
disincentive to them to hasten to offer the 6810.

> In theory the 6820 is supposed to be superior, I think ...

AFAICT the camera is the only difference?

> ... the 6810 doesn't look quite so much like a toy ...

Oh, yes. I think it does!

I handled a dummy 6820 in my localO2 shop the other day ... that is
one fat phone -- and the unfolding keyboard seems more flimsy than I'd
like.

Cheers,
Daniel.