Basicall new inst xp prof

After downloading MSN 7.0 beta + Update Mcafee, it seems something has
change. Both the task manager or msconfig appear and disappear within a split
second.Any particular reason wny and hpw canI resolve this, thanks

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Just located the error message under heading 'Windows Taskmanager'
details of error code 0xc00000005
module 1; taskmgr.exe
module 2; nt.dll.dll
module 3 down to module 23.
What shall I do to rectify the 'task mgr' as well as 'msconfig'
Please assist, thanks

"Don Caswell" wrote:

> After downloading MSN 7.0 beta + Update Mcafee, it seems something has
> change. Both the task manager or msconfig appear and disappear within a split
> second.Any particular reason wny and hpw canI resolve this, thanks

Unless you are a specially trained beta tester, I would recommend using
standard applications.

"Don" wrote:

> Just located the error message under heading 'Windows Taskmanager'
> details of error code 0xc00000005
> module 1; taskmgr.exe
> module 2; nt.dll.dll
> module 3 down to module 23.
> What shall I do to rectify the 'task mgr' as well as 'msconfig'
> Please assist, thanks
>
> "Don Caswell" wrote:
>
> > After downloading MSN 7.0 beta + Update Mcafee, it seems something has
> > change. Both the task manager or msconfig appear and disappear within a split
> > second.Any particular reason wny and hpw canI resolve this, thanks

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

The restore point did not help although I know on that day it was working ok.
Unfortunately with a installation, there is no restore point before that day.
Using the CD to repair does not help either. So what can I do apart from
reformat? Please advice, thanks

"r" wrote:

> Unless you are a specially trained beta tester, I would recommend using
> standard applications.
>

> "Don" wrote:
>
> > Just located the error message under heading 'Windows Taskmanager'
> > details of error code 0xc00000005
> > module 1; taskmgr.exe
> > module 2; nt.dll.dll
> > module 3 down to module 23.
> > What shall I do to rectify the 'task mgr' as well as 'msconfig'
> > Please assist, thanks
> >
> > "Don Caswell" wrote:
> >
> > > After downloading MSN 7.0 beta + Update Mcafee, it seems something has
> > > change. Both the task manager or msconfig appear and disappear within a split
> > > second.Any particular reason wny and hpw canI resolve this, thanks

That's why it is called "BETA" - ain't ready for real world people to use.
My experience "BETA" testing - to clean it up, you usually format and
reinstall. That's why power users and corporations have machines designed
for "beta" testing - cause it messes everything else up.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!