Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If you are playing games with you system and having no problems then why are you putting so much faith in this "system Requirement test" that seems to be not reporting the correct values of your system. Does this reporting site have a test for the Minecraft game? It would be interesting to see what it would say about your computer as to whether or not it would play the game whioch you are already playing.
400 MB ? You will need a lot more than that and you must have some ram in order to run windows. The onboard ram that the gpu has doesn't count. If you open the side panel on your computer are there any ram sticks in the ram slots that are near the cpu socket.

4745454b

Titan
even though technically my GPU has 256MB of onboard RAM.

What do you mean technically?

I know this is a shock to you but we have NO idea what your system is. I have no clue what GPU you are trying to use. Pure guess is the website doesn't recognize your GPU and as such reports it as zero. So, what GPU do you have?

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
For whatever reason my signature showing my specs is not showing up.. Anyway I have an HP Pavillion a819n Pentium 3.2GHz 3.25GB RAM

Geforce 6200 256MB OC'd

Like I said, previously, last week actually it recognized it as 498MB RAM now it shows as 0.0RAM I have ran the test a few more times with the same result.

Regardless, I know I have enough VRAM to run this game(Call of duty 4) But I want it to recognize my VRAM so that I can see if my card fails in any other areas.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00280715

Is this your computer?

It says that you have a 300w psu and it comes with 512 mb of ram.
I'm not sure how the test would say that a GeForce 6200 256mb of v-ram would say that the card has 400 mb or 498 mb of ram. It says it in the title that it has 256 mb of ram. You say that you have 3.25gb of system ram so you must have added ram after you got your computer? A 300w psu is kind of low and maybe that could be the issue , you may need to get a larger watts psu. The video card also needs 18a on the +12v rail.

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Yes I find it kinda weird that it would report 498MB previously. But for whatever reason it did. It also reported 510-512MB in some games (Halo).

I have actually had my DVD drive unplugged long before adding the new GPU. and recently has plugged it back in so I think you may be right about the PSU. But previously my PC was consuming near 200w.

Also this GPU does not need a seperate power plug (if that's what you meant) it only uses a PCI slot.

But are you sure a lack of power is what is causing it to not report 256MB(498MB) of VRAM? Because I play Minecraft for hours using my PC on full load and there has never been any problems (Even after installing the DVD drive).

If you are playing games with you system and having no problems then why are you putting so much faith in this "system Requirement test" that seems to be not reporting the correct values of your system. Does this reporting site have a test for the Minecraft game? It would be interesting to see what it would say about your computer as to whether or not it would play the game whioch you are already playing.

Solution

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Well I guess you're right. Obviously the site is poopy. I'll get COD4 since it's a good deal cause I KNOW I have enough VRAM but I was only wondering if there was actually something wrong with my PC. because I have never failed (on the games I tried) ONLY the VRAM part. And for it to show 0.0MB concerned me.

"You need a new GPU"

Yes... At the risk of being a rude person, who I am not. Thank you captain fucktardly-obvious. Best option for a PCI-Mobo only gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS