My computer completely starts up but It does not show anything on any monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp7

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Hello,
I recently updated bios on my computer and it starts up completely (I signed in to windows 7) but it does not show any thing on any monitor. Before I updated bios I reinstalled windows 7 and I went to windows update and told it not to even check for updates, so keep in mind this computer does not have even 1 update. I have onboard and a pci express video card but it was never updated, there isn’t even a driver. I did install the disk that came with the mother board so it has all basic divers from the cd. The motherboard has dual bios so it should fix this problem automatically but it has not so I think it’s a video card issue on the other hand the onboard video has been updated. I have a gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 motherboard and a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core cpu. It has windows 7 premium 64 bit and 8 gigs of ram. How can I fix this problem?

Solution
You have onboard? Monitor connected to that? If you have a add in card in you PCIe X16 slot it will disable the onboard and the monitor needs to be connected to the add in card!

hp7

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

Thank you for your quick response. I do not understand what you’re saying could you please rephrase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.