BF42 Road to rome MP?

I bought the old Road to Rome expansion pack (v1.25 CD).

It works in SP mode but not MP mode, after installing on top of
BF1942 and latest 1.61b patch. It'll try to load RTR MP maps, but
drops back to the desktop. Standard BF1942 MP still works fine.

I can't find any standard patch for RTR. Is there a specific
procedure to get RTR MP working with BF42 v1.61b ?

Thank you.

In article <um1rv0552nug98t58u1n2bfj9h3m9smjii@4ax.com>,
"outaping@vz.com" <PiingLough> says...
> I bought the old Road to Rome expansion pack (v1.25 CD).
>
> It works in SP mode but not MP mode, after installing on top of
> BF1942 and latest 1.61b patch. It'll try to load RTR MP maps, but
> drops back to the desktop. Standard BF1942 MP still works fine.
>
> I can't find any standard patch for RTR. Is there a specific
> procedure to get RTR MP working with BF42 v1.61b ?
>
> Thank you.

always repatch.

install sequence:

bf
rr
sw
1.6 (full, not incremental 1.5 to 1.6) or apply 1.5 before 1.6
incremental.
1.61b

then if you add a mod, just to make certain, repatch 1.6 & 1.61b

in your case, reapply 1.6 & 1.61b

/CF

<um1rv0552nug98t58u1n2bfj9h3m9smjii@4ax.com>, "outaping@vz.com" <PiingLough>
said...
> I bought the old Road to Rome expansion pack (v1.25 CD).
>
> It works in SP mode but not MP mode, after installing on top of
> BF1942 and latest 1.61b patch. It'll try to load RTR MP maps, but
> drops back to the desktop. Standard BF1942 MP still works fine.
>
> I can't find any standard patch for RTR. Is there a specific
> procedure to get RTR MP working with BF42 v1.61b ?
>
> Thank you.

It should not be a problem. Have you tried repatching with both 1.6 and 1.61b?
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:55:16 +0100, Lansenerd <lansenerd@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>It should not be a problem. Have you tried repatching with both 1.6 and 1.61b?

I tried that with several BF42 incremental patches (the latest
patch, and 1.6), but get an error message saying BF42 is already
patched to v1.61b, it won't apply patches again.

Using ASE looking for RTR MP, I see there's very few (populated) RTR
games, although it'd be nice to have RTR MP working. The only thing I
can think of is a complete re-install (BF42, then RTR, then all
patches). Judging by how few RTR MP's are running, it may not be worth
the trouble.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 02:21:00 -0500, Colonel_Flagg
<colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:

>always repatch.
>
>install sequence:
>
>bf
>rr
>sw
>1.6 (full, not incremental 1.5 to 1.6) or apply 1.5 before 1.6
>incremental.
>1.61b
>
>then if you add a mod, just to make certain, repatch 1.6 & 1.61b
>
>in your case, reapply 1.6 & 1.61b

You're right, I had to start with a fresh-install of BF-1942, to get
RTR MP running, nothing else worked.

Didn't want to go through this hassle, but had completely forgotten I
had a (v1.0) fresh-install of BF1942 on the drive, saved in a backup
folder. It merely saved a bit of time re-installing the BF42 CD's.
Also had to change the XP registry BF42 version back to '1.00.001'
before installing RTR v1.25, then incremental 4 patches, then update
PB.

Geez, what a 'headache' for 6 maps :-/

As you mentioned, there's a 'full-v1.6' 267mb patch available. I may
download it later (keep the last 1.61b patch) then toss the
old/incremental patches.

Thanks for the help.

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 01:40:59 GMT, "outaping@vz.com" <PiingLough>
wrote:

>eez, what a 'headache' for 6 maps :-/

Oops, looks like 8 maps, 2 new maps from the patching I guess.