Sign in with
Your question
Solved

$1000 Gamming rig philippines

Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2012 8:53:37 AM

Hi, I am from the Philippines and i'd like to make a good gaming rig the problem is only limited components are available here, the site http://www.tipidpc.com/useritems.php?username=PCHub pretty much sums up what parts are available to me, as well as price 43php=1Dollar

Approximate Purchase Date: 6 months

Budget Range: around $1000 or PHP43,000 (not that stick since i will not be buying in another 6months)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(hi def offline games), online gaming (diablo3), HD movies, browsing and music

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.tipidpc.com/useritems.php?username=PCHub

Country of Origin: Philippines

Parts Preferences: Anything reliable

Overclocking: do not know how, maybe...

SLI or Crossfire: Yes/Maybe

Monitor Resolution: max i can get/ dual screen if possible

please help me make a rig

Here is what i got

CASE: Thermaltake Armor A30 ATX Mini Tower Case
Fan: 4 fans for the case

CPU: Intel Core i5 3550

VGA: Sapphire HD 7850(OCed)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (Dual) 2x4gb ddr3 1600 CL9 Low Profile (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)

SSD:Corsair Force 3 90gb, sata3 (CSSD-F90GB3-BK)

HD:1Tb WDC Caviar Blue

Monitor: LG 23\" (E2381VR) for now, but would like to dual monitor in a few more months

Mother Board: What mother board available is good? should have good lan, can suport XFX for future proofing

PSU: How much wattage would i need? and what psu's are quiet?
May 31, 2012 3:50:36 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
June 13, 2012 12:53:46 AM

Anyone?
m
l
Related resources
June 13, 2012 5:53:32 AM

Hey pare,

Is there another website you can buy from? The website you have there is hard to navigate. I have trouble finding parts that I can recommend. I know electronics is more expensive there in the Philippines so I don't want to quote North American prices and expect them to cost the same there.

Here are a few guidelines for your build though:
When looking for a CPU, find one that has a "K" at the end. "K" series processors mean that the multipliers are unlocked so you can overclock them. The one you listed is not overclockable. Something like the i5 2500k or the i5 3570k will be best for gaming.

You need an aftermarket cpu cooler to overclock. Something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

That Corsair Force 3 will have good performance but has reliability issues. Try finding either the Mushkin Chronos or Crucial m4. Samsung and Intel SSD's are also very good but are on the pricier side of things.

For a single GPU build, you only need a 550W PSU. Something like the xfx core edition 550W. Since you plan to xFire, get the xfx core edition 750W.

That Sapphire Radeon is very good.

The MoBo to recommend would depend on the CPU of your choice. For the i5 2500k, get the Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3. For the i5 3570k, get either the ASrock z77 Extreme 4 or Gigabyte z77x-ud3h.
m
l
June 20, 2012 2:10:01 AM

Thanks for the help, I will try to look into these :D 
m
l
June 20, 2012 2:10:09 AM

Thanks for the help, I will try to look into these :D 
m
l
June 20, 2012 11:32:01 AM

kababayan! just to clear things, are you planning on overclocking your cpu? if not the i5 3550 is pretty enough for your needs (gaming). or get the lower i5 3450 instead which is 800 - 900 cheaper than 3550 in the philippines. and gaming wise, if few drops in fps doesn't bother you, the 3450 is enough. there are lots of shops there in gilmore aside from pchub with SOME parts cheaper than pchub :)  and to clear, i5 3550 or non "k" CPUs can be overclocked, but only limited clock speeds.also, if you do not plan on overclocking, stock cooler that comes with the CPU is good enough :) 

motheboard, i'd go with ASRock, Gigabyte, ASUS Z77 chipsets :) 
m
l
June 21, 2012 6:50:44 AM

The thing is I don't know how to overclock yet, or if I need to overclock. how much difference would it be if i did overclock? if its a lot then i would like to learn 1st

isn't all the prices in gilmore the same? and I dont know how to puch those parts together so that is why im buying from 1 source so they could assemble it for me

another concern is I really like the case Thermaltake Armor A30, but wont my parts overheat easily because of the size of the case?

m
l

Best solution

June 21, 2012 5:57:34 PM

for now, the Ivy Bridge is among the leading CPUs, so even without overclocking, you'd be able to run everything pretty enough for years to come. but if you want to get the best out of your processor and it matters to you, overclocking is an option. though, at the moment, even stock clock is very much enough for me.

there are shops in gilmore that offer some parts cheaper than pchub like pc options or the other way around. so i recommend that you canvas items first if you want to save more :)  you may also wanna check video tutorials on how to put all those things to work together :) 

Thermaltake Armor A30, as i've read some reviews, cooling may sound somehow good. my concern for you though is what motherboard are you going to get? 'cause this case can only house a mAtx motherboard
!