NEW SYSTEM ALWAYS OVER HEATING

s281er238

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I HAVE A ASUS BOARD P6T DELUXE WITH WD RAPTOR DRIVE 6 GIG RAM AND AMD 4870X2 CARD WITH UPGRADED FANS ON THE VIDEO AND WATER COOLED ON CPU MY MACHINES ALWAYS CRASHED AND OVER HEATS .I REMEMBER WHEN ITS USE TO BE ATI IT WAS OK AS SOON AS AMD TOOK OVER DAMM CARDS ARE ALL OVER HEATING LIKE ITS ABOUT TO CATCH FIRE I BUILD THIS SYSTEM FOR GAMING WHAT SHOULD I DO TRASH IT AND START FRESH .ITS SUCKS NEED HELP BEEN OUT OF THE GAMING FOR A WHILE BUT MY SYSTEM STILL NEW and i have a 750 power supply corsair.sorry for the caps lockINTEL I7 920 CPU 2.66

What is overheating , the video card or the cpu? If it's just the video card that is overheating then you don't have to trash the whole Pc , you just have to do something about the video card. Do you have good airflow inside the case? How many case fans are there? What are the sizes? Is there a case fan in the side panel that would blow directly onto the video card?
Not all of the AMD cards are catching fire so you just have to get to the reason why yours is having a problem.

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005
been using ATI/AMD since the 9xxx series cards,never had a single one even get near to overheating.
as inzone asked,also,whats your room temp?What case?You sayed you replaced the GPU cooler,with what?What are your temps?

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
The HD4870X2 did run a bit warm....as did the HD4850 with the reference single slot cooler (mine idled at 80-85C and would reach 105-110C under load). Typically, once the stock/reference cooler was replaced with a proper (aftermarket) cooler, the temps would become reasonable (assuming the cooler was installed properly).

@OP, what case do you have? where are the fans located? how are the fans configured?

TRENDING THREADS