Quick Question

TDUBS

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2012
Hey,

I just got my Arctic Cooling AC-MX4 Thermal Compound in from Newegg. I already put it on my CPU and what-not, all went well. However, I am not familiar with temperature readings. I downloaded a program called Core Temp and I know it shows me the temperature of my CPU.

ygtbx286

What exactly am I looking at temperature wise? Like, is the above good or bad? That's just with Skype, MSN Messenger, and Chrome with about 6 tabs open.

Thanks! :)

Solution

Well generally speaking, those temperatures are nothing to be worried about, they're just a bit on the warm side.

If you run into any BSOD's or crashes, then you know you have a problem. If you're only doing some casual gaming, then I wouldn't be worried too much. Any day-to-day programs wouldn't even come close to how much OCCT stresses your CPU, so you should be fine.

TDUBS

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2012

I'm in my basement and it's not cold. It's somewhat hot (warm).

TDUBS

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2012

Eh, all in all should I be worried? I mean, I do game but not serious *** like World of Warcraft. I had been running my computer for about two weeks without fresh thermal compound since I got my new motherboard in 2 weeks ago. But I haven't noticed any problems. I just bought thermal compound because I'm working on a new build and I know it's needed.

Well generally speaking, those temperatures are nothing to be worried about, they're just a bit on the warm side.

If you run into any BSOD's or crashes, then you know you have a problem. If you're only doing some casual gaming, then I wouldn't be worried too much. Any day-to-day programs wouldn't even come close to how much OCCT stresses your CPU, so you should be fine.

Solution