An i5 Build Advice on PSU?

DW2012

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hi,

I'm building the following system. Does anyone have any advice, please?

1. ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 Z68 LGA1155 ATX 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2 PCI B3 Motherboard

2. Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB

3. Coolermaster Hyper 212

4. G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB

5. Antec 302 Case

6. Antec Truepower 750

7. EVGA Geforce GTX 560 SC

8. WD Caviar SATA

Any advice would be great. Specifically, curious regarding PSU/Case combo for parts.

Thanks!

Solution
You are in good shape. About the only thing I would swap out is the Western Digital drive, but I am picky there (don't care for WD drives other than Black or Velociraptor). The PSU is a good unit. You have enough headroom to add a second GTX 560 in SLI if you wanted, but at that point you will be hitting the ceiling... The Antec 302 is OK, however it will likely need two more fans for optimal cooling. Looks like you arealy have top and rear exhaust fans... Add a front and side intake fan and call it a day.
You are in good shape. About the only thing I would swap out is the Western Digital drive, but I am picky there (don't care for WD drives other than Black or Velociraptor). The PSU is a good unit. You have enough headroom to add a second GTX 560 in SLI if you wanted, but at that point you will be hitting the ceiling... The Antec 302 is OK, however it will likely need two more fans for optimal cooling. Looks like you arealy have top and rear exhaust fans... Add a front and side intake fan and call it a day.

Solution
I second the GPU change if you're gaming. Games nowadays are extremely GPU-limited, and investing more money in the CPU than the GPU isn't a great idea performance-wise. I ran an i5-2500K and an i3-2120 with my 560Ti, and performance in all of my games (including Skyrim, a moreso CPU-dependent game) was exactly the same.

DW2012

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Thanks, everyone.

I'm currently upgrading from a C2D, where I already have this GPU installed. That and the WD Black drive are the only items I'm carrying over. That's why the build is more focussed on the CPU for the moment, because I'm pretty happy with my GPU as it is now.

And, yes, I selected the person's answer because it lined up with my own research. Had it been contrary, then I would have done some more questioning/investigating.

I also selected this answer to help other people who may have the same question.