Can i install a gtx 680 in a dell xps 8300

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Dell Studio Xps
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 1, 2012 2:17:24 AM

Can I install a gtx 680 in a dell xps 8300 I currently have modified the xps with a few things i maxed out the ram to 16 gb i also put a corsiar 850 gold psu in it because i did have a gtx 590 installed in it ..anyways long story short i already bought the 680 installed it the fan is running on the card but i get no picture i tried my old card and i get picture again is something wrong ??

More about : install gtx 680 dell xps 8300

a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 2:56:38 AM

If you had a 590 running in there fine, the 680 should be no problem.
m
l
April 1, 2012 3:02:53 AM

Do you think their is something wrong with the card then as defective ?I am not the greatest when it comes to computers thats why i dont have a pre built. if I would have done more homework and had more money I would have bought a custom gaming rig at least ,I just hope im doing something wrong id hate to have to send the card back and wait for another any other suggestions anyone ?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 3:10:40 AM

Make sure the card is pushed into the PCIe slot all the way. Sometimes extra force is needed. Also make sure to re-install recommended drivers from nVidia site.
m
l
April 1, 2012 3:23:26 AM

So even if the fan on the graphics card was running it still might need to be snapped in place tighter possibly?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 3:51:21 AM

old drivers still installed? you could try to uninstall drivers and clean the rest in safe mode via driver sweeper. Physically reinstall 680 and try again. If all else fails RMA. Good luck.
m
l
April 1, 2012 3:55:22 AM

Well like I said I dont know much about computers I just figured I would give it a go and try to install my own card today . so anyways uninstalling the old drivers is something I should do before installing the new graphics card ?
m
l
April 29, 2012 2:52:03 AM

According to Nvidia, there is some sort of compatibly problem between the two. So at the present it will not work at all with the Dell H67 mobo. Nvidia has verified this. As Dell is most likely never going to release a new bios for that mobo to fix the problem Nvidia will have to make a vbios to fix it.
m
l
!