Sign in with
Your question

About buying a new VGA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 1, 2012 7:08:10 AM

Hey guys , I recently thought about buying a new pc , part by part. First thing I was looking for on the internet , was a Gaming Graphic card under 150$ (112 euros). Well , I sought it , and finally found (in my opinion) some of the best gaming VGA under 200$ (150 euros).
It's about Ati Radeon HD 6850 1GB DDR5 256 bit.

Well , now , I've seen there are a lot of version of this graphic card like , Gygabite , Sapphire , etc.
But then , I found at 174$ (130 euros) the Visiontek version. It had the best reviewes so far.
So I thought it would be best to order that one , Visiontek HD Radeon 6850 1gb ddr5 256-bit.
But first of all , I need some professional opinion. Could I find something a lot better with this money ? Is there another version of this I should take into consideration ? I want this pc to be mostly all about gaming.
If Visiontek version should do the trick , I became kinda disoriented with it because of the item model number.
Does that thing improve any performance? Should I take it into consideration ?
Like , what's the difference between this model number 900339
http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Radeon-Express-Graphics...
and this model number 900338
http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Radeon-Express-Graphics... ?
Difference is only about design ? Waiting about a pro's opinion about my questions . Thank you very much , and have a nice day guys!

More about : buying vga

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 7:20:00 AM

Don't built a pc by buying part by part, just save the money and get everything at once.
a c 171 U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 7:39:41 AM

You can buy things piece by piece, but you need to be smart about it. Start off with the things that don't change much like case, keyboard, PSU, etc. Buy the board, CPU, and GPU last, possibly in that order. All systems currently use DDR3 ram so that's safe to buy early as well. (more or less.)

At $175 you should be able to find a GTX560 or 6870. I'm not a fan of visiontek so I'd avoid their cards.
Related resources
April 1, 2012 7:46:35 AM

4745454b said:
You can buy things piece by piece, but you need to be smart about it. Start off with the things that don't change much like case, keyboard, PSU, etc. Buy the board, CPU, and GPU last, possibly in that order. All systems currently use DDR3 ram so that's safe to buy early as well. (more or less.)

At $175 you should be able to find a GTX560 or 6870. I'm not a fan of visiontek so I'd avoid their cards.

I understand that , and I will be looking for professional help in the future with assembling fully compatible pc parts.
You say I would find at 175% gtx 560 or 6870 , but probably at 128bit , and not 256. And from what I've heard , 256bit would be way better. Am I wrong or...?
a c 171 U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 7:48:18 AM

I haven't heard of any 128bit GTX560 or 6850/70 cards. They should all be 256bit. At least over here in the states. Where are you?
April 1, 2012 7:50:40 AM

I'm from Romania . We use RON. But from what I see in our shops , gtx560 or Ati 6870 has a big leap in prices here. That's why I stopped at 6850...
a c 171 U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 9:31:18 AM

OK. Not sure I'd pay much more for a different model however. Perhaps a few coin/RON, but if its a lot you are better off getting the next model up. I'd stay with a cheaper 6850.
!