Status
Not open for further replies.

dilpreet

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hi Fellas

I am new to the Forum and have a strange problem.Ill explain the problem and would appreciate any help to get t fixed.
First ill share my Systems configuration
AMD 965 BE x4
MSI HD 5970
MSI 785G E53 MOBO
2 X 1TB HITACHI SATA(RAID 1)
CORSAIR 60 GB SSD
CORSAIR 2GB DDR3 MEM- 1 CHIP
SONY DVD DRIVE
CARD READER
6 X 120MM CM FANS
1 X140MM FAN
1 X 80 MM FAN
CM 690 II CHASSIS
COOLER MASTER GX 650W POWER SUPPLY
LCD -NOT CONNECTED TO THE UPS RATHER DIRECTLY TO THE WALL SOCKET.
APC BR1000G 1000 VA 600 w UPS

Now i Purchased this UPS last week and i configured it and every thing was working fine.
There was a electricity cut twice(I was just working on my system) and the UPS worked without any issues
One fine day i was playing a game and i dun no what came to my mind while i was playing the game i went and SWITCHED OFF the switch
just to check if the UPS takes up the load and then it was BOOM BOOM in the UPS and it died.
I checked and it gave error code "F04"
Finally i called APC and asked for a replacement and they agreed
So finally the UPS will be delivered by Friday

So Now my questions is
1.Why didn't the UPS DIDN'T take the load?
2. IS the UPS capable to take the load ( i mean configuration wise)?
3.What would you recommend that what should i do now?

Please Help me guys.......................................................................

CoffeeDrinker

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Hi There

Just want to find out, i dont see what power supply you are using? please can you let us know. Also keep in mind, that the UPS has a VA rating and luckily for you it has a Watt Rating of 600W, that is the maximum load on it. Basically a UPS has a 60% usage on a VA rating to get the Watts. So dependant on what you power supply is, this could be the cause.

dilpreet

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

Thanks for the reply Mate
Weill i just forgot to mention that
My bad

I am using a COOLER MASTER GX 650 WATT PSU

Cheers

CoffeeDrinker

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Ok cool, well, i have a feeling that the power supply and the UPS might have an issue with total load, althought that the power supply is not being fully utalized, this could have been the problem. I would suggest maybe looking at the 1.5Kva UPS as this gives just over 900watts of supported power. Check with APC if they will rather ship to you a 1.5KVa and at what additional cost. Rather go bigger on the UPS for the PSU purposes. :)

dilpreet

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

Ohk well thats what i thought.
And i have checked in and the 1.5kva gives me 865 watts to be precise of support.
Now another question i have is that what in case i remove like 3 fans and the optical drive from the system and then use the system
Do you think that after that even at full load the current 1kva ups will be able to take the load???

Status
Not open for further replies.