Solved

Need a Fully Modular PSU

Hey there, I need a fully modular PSU that will at least be able to support roughly two 8970's when they come out. Do you guys think a Corsair AX 850W for 240, or a OCZ ZX 1000W for $214 will do well? The OCZ seems like a good deal, and it comes with a 5 year warranty. I'd like a fully modular PSU as I like to have a clean case to improve airflow. Thanks in advance.
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need fully modular
  1. I'd wait until the 8970s come out before speccing a PSU for them. If you need one now, then I'd go for the Corsair 850W.
  2. Seasonic M12ii is also modular,besides,the trend with new cards is to use LESS power than the old one. Consider that.
  3. Modular psu's are over-rated. I had one and the cables were so stiff and a pain in the butt to plug in, I went back to a non modular. Today's cases have holes to hide any unused cables from sight.

The AX850 comes with a 7yr warranty.
  4. Thanks guys, but I really think I need a Fully Modular PSU. Today I just moved my entire system into a HAF X, and my God was it messy. Half the issue was the fact that the cables weren't long enough so that I couldn't use the cable holes to hide my 24 pin mobo and 8 pin cpu cable. Real hassle. I'd like to change my statement, a fully modular 850W PSU that is good and has long cables.. Many thanks.
  5. Why would you want a fully modular power supply? You have to use the 24Pin ATX, 8 Pin CPU Power, and Sata. Get a semi modular one.
  6. In that case Corsair Professional Series 850W.
  7. Hmm, I might consider a semi modular. Isn't there still cables there that I won't use?
  8. Actually I found a OCZ ZT Fully modular 750W for $109. That looks great. What do you guys think of that?
  9. JJ1217 said:
    Actually I found a OCZ ZT Fully modular 750W for $109. That looks great. What do you guys think of that?

ZT isn't really the best...there are much better PSU's out there at the same price point.
  10. Hmm. A ZX 850W for $150? I'm really looking into OCZ, as they are cheap and I really don't see a PSU lasting more than 5 years (Thus why I don't need 7 year warranties). Although I really don't mind semi modular, I like to fully control the way my wires work, and I can show pictures of how badly non modular cables perform in my case (I bought a couple of extensions, but I'll still have to upgrade to a new PSU soon.)
  11. Best answer
    OCZ isn't really the best brand.

You'd want something made by Delta:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371052
  12. How about a seasonic X series? Also think Antec Truepower has an 850w.
  13. JJ1217 said:
    Actually I found a OCZ ZT Fully modular 750W for $109. That looks great. What do you guys think of that?

Hi - I f you're going to spend $109, you should at least consider the Seasonic X750 Gold ($40 promo code ends tomorrow nite) at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151087&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL092712&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL092712-_-EMC-092712-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17151087-L022A

Tom
  14. Thanks, but its $229 in Australia LOL. Anyways I might wait a bit and see what comes along during the year. Thanks all.
  15. Best answer selected by JJ1217.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies OCZ Components Product