Sign in with
Your question

Extreme pc build with ivy bridge cpu and extreme gaming

Last response: in Systems
May 31, 2012 5:48:41 PM

Hello,
HY I am trying to build an extreme gaming pc that can play games at 4k screen (when its out) so i have an open budget to build it i was thinking of IVY BRIDGE mobo
NOTE (I AM AN NVIDIA gamer ) AND ANY GOOD ATI CARD WON,T HURT
ANOTHER NOTE :p arts not needed :\\ mouse keyboard screen and you know what
thanks for any help :)  :)  :hello: 
a b 4 Gaming
May 31, 2012 8:10:04 PM

Well since you havent asked anything.... what exactly are you wanting help with?
May 31, 2012 8:25:06 PM

Don't even bother trying to setup a PC now with the goal of 4K screens. Hardware technology will have changed significantly (and be cheaper, most likely) when 4K is actually available. There are too many factors unknown to make this even a remotely successful venture.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
May 31, 2012 8:49:13 PM

Well as po1nted said, there's really no point in investing in a 4K ready PC right now...hardware may have changed drastically by the time it's come out.

However, any of the new Nvidia 600 series, or AMD 7000 series cards that SAY "4k Ready" will be able to support these new displays. (Though I read somewhere that 4k displays need at least 2GB of Vram? Not too sure on this but some input may be helpful here :)  )
May 31, 2012 9:25:55 PM

thanks mocchan
but i wanta to buy an ivy bridge cpu so what shuld i buy ?
May 31, 2012 9:30:26 PM

what about mobo ineed one for either crossfire or sli
and graphics card i am thinking nvidia gtx 670 in 2 way sli or 2 amd hd 7950
a b 4 Gaming
May 31, 2012 10:03:54 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!