Sign in with
Your question

Big price difference on the 680's worth it ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 1, 2012 9:55:08 AM

hey fellas,

i live outside the us and graphics cards here are nearly double.
the Gainward GTX 680 is 745 $
and the Gigabyte GTX 680 is 875 $

obviously Gigabyte is the better company, but with the current 680's all being reference with the same clock speeds,
am i better off just going with the gainward ?

both have 3 years warranty btw.

cheers
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 10:09:57 AM

I usually go with the cheapest model.

I'm also outside the US. so things like lifetime warranty are of no consequence. If i can get a better cooler for a decent price, then i'll certainly take it. but for reference cards I'm happy to pick up a powercolor if its cheaper. they all work the same essentially.

m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 10:40:05 AM

I would personally go for the gainward one for such a performance increase. Though Haven't seen one like this as I remember, because as far as I know even you are not in the US, the price difference would not go that far. Is it a mistake? Where are you from?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 3:17:14 PM

Actually Gainward is a pretty good company,even better than Gigabyte and miles ahead when they release their own non reference models.Such as the phantom series.
So its nice deal if you can get the Gainward model at a lesser price.
refillable said:
I would personally go for the gainward one for such a performance increase. Though Haven't seen one like this as I remember, because as far as I know even you are not in the US, the price difference would not go that far. Is it a mistake? Where are you from?

I was having a same opinion on the price variations.Here in India the cheap Zotac variants are selling for INR 32999($647~more or less the same case when the 580's launched) but the Asus variants are selling for an insane INR 46000($901).
Therefore I think its pretty turbulent outside the US right now and later on as the supply improves,these imbalances will get sorted out.
m
l
!