Sign in with
Your question
Solved

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w PSU, is it enough?

Last response: in Components
September 26, 2012 1:46:27 PM

ok so i plan on doing the finshing touches to my pc over the next months or so, putting an FX 8120 cpu in it, with a Corsair H100 cooler to keep the temp down, and a GTX 660 TI to round everthing off, all inside a AZZA Hurrican 2000 case. my question is, will my OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w be enough to power everything? i just woke up and math really isnt my strong suit especially in the morning. so far i have used google or my own knowledge to solve my issues, even resorting to this forum as a last resort. i have determined this forum hates me >.< lol as far as i know, the processor uses the same power as my last one (your opinion is not valid on my processor choice), the 660 ti should use near about the same power as my old 560 SE (hopefully). my main concerns are the h100 and the Hurrican. so, is this enough?
September 26, 2012 2:09:20 PM

Telling us we hate you then asking for advice? Thats kind of rude and childish.

You dont want CPU advice ok thats fine as your choice is not an improvement over your current CPU I guess your just not bright.

H100 this is a waste of money if ou plan a normal OC get a good air cooler if you really want water and crazy OC's custom loop it.

Your chosen PSU is more than enough you could easily use a smaller one

m
l
September 26, 2012 2:21:41 PM

wr6133 said:
Telling us we hate you then asking for advice? Thats kind of rude and childish.

You dont want CPU advice ok thats fine as your choice is not an improvement over your current CPU I guess your just not bright.

H100 this is a waste of money if ou plan a normal OC get a good air cooler if you really want water and crazy OC's custom loop it.

Your chosen PSU is more than enough you could easily use a smaller one

seeing as you dont know the story behind my choice in CPU, kindly shut your mouth :D  ive used it before, and i found it faster then my last one. also, im guessing you missed the "lol" right next to it, it was a joke, but when you assume something, you generally only make an ass of yourself. i plan on taking the fx to around 4.3 to start (could never get the old cpu to go higher than 4.2). but its really hot in my area, so the ambient temperature is higher. but i will say this: this thread was just about the power supply being enough. thank you for answering the question at the end, but by basically calling me stupid for something that wasnt even the topic of this thread, you make yourself look like a hypocrite. only difference between the things you said, and what i said, is that what i said was a joke. i can tell what you said wasnt. now have a great day :D 

edit: expanding more on the reason i made my joke about this forum hating me is becuase half of my threads go unanswered, and the other half turn into to debates that greatly move away from the original topic. i have solved all my issues by myself with the help of google up till now. if people knew how to actually answer a question, i wouldve made no such joke. i usually type my first thread posts with a good bit of detail so there is usually no need for useless discussion and debate. but, it still seems to pop up on the most unimportant topics, as for example, your comment on my processor choice. while it was the mildest comment i have seen so far about, it was still irrelevant nonetheless.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 122 ) Power supply
September 26, 2012 2:37:51 PM

The PSU is more than enough so no worries!
September 26, 2012 2:39:16 PM

bigcyco1 said:
The PSU is more than enough so no worries!

thank you so much for your answer :D  and you did it all with out the mistake of criticizing unimportant information :D  that deserves a best answer!
m
l
September 26, 2012 2:39:34 PM

Best answer selected by GeneralJim25.
m
l
a c 122 ) Power supply
September 26, 2012 3:36:19 PM

No problem!Your very welcome!And thanks for best answer.
m
l
!