GREAT AND CHEAP SURROUND SPEAKERS NEEDED!!

G

I have Sound Blaster Live! Value and awful surround sound soeakers! only 2 speakers and No subwoofer!!! when I increase volume of bass - HORRIBLE!!! they have 3D sound botton and it works but I need some good surround sound speakers, not 5.1 but good ones for LESS then $100...at least tell me the name of them and I'll serch on www.pricewatch.com, can I at least buy a separate subwoofer and plug it into my speakers? ??? any help would help!

FatBurger

Illustrious
First of all, a SoundBlaster Live! Value doesn't have surround sound support, so don't bother with 4.1 or 5.1 speakers.
If you want good sounding speakers, try SB's Cambridge Works speakers. They're nice and cheap.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

G

dude! u sure? it says supports 3d surround sound!! that's why I bought it! and in games I choose EAX all the time and it DOES sound different from 2d music! the botton on speakers shows diference too! do those speakers u r saying have 3d sound boton???

G

The Live! Value supports 4.1 speakers.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

G

Hey Dude, Im kinda in the same raft...
I need some good speakers for watching DVDs.

I had my sights on these two for a long time now:

Cambridge dtt 2200 5.1 surround sound (not digital)$75-$120
Midiland Mli-490 4.1 surround sound (not digital) $65-$100

For me, Im sorta leaning towards the mli-490 because I don't have a 5.1 sound card for the Cambridge--and I would hate to shell out about $55+ for a new 5.1 sound card.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

G

If your looking for a good and cheap 2.1 speakers...I don't think you can go wrong with the Altec Lansing ATP3--its about $50 without shipping.