Help! What's the best system to go from image to tv slides..

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 17, 2005 3:35:18 PM

I want to take the picture, clean it up a bit, create a slideshow and
burn it to dvd to so it can be viewed on television dvd player.

Software for cleanup? Elements?
Software for slideshow?
DVD Burner?
Software for burner?

My budget for the above is whatever it takes to do it right, but
hopefully under $500. I would like to do this so my 80 year old mom
can view the digital family album pictures without a computer.

I really respect the opinions of this group. Any help would be
greatfully appreciated. I don't need to learn the hardway every time.

WM

More about : system image slides

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:23:41 PM

Wayne wrote:
> I want to take the picture, clean it up a bit, create a slideshow and
> burn it to dvd to so it can be viewed on television dvd player.
>
> Software for cleanup? Elements?
neatimage (freeware) do a google on it.
gimp ('nother freeware but awesome program) interface isn't the best but
it'll do everything photoshop can do. you can even use PS plugins w/ it
but it's a bit difficult to figure out how to load them.

> Software for slideshow?
i use sony movie studio + dvd. cost 100.00 USD

> DVD Burner?
can use a dvd burner or a cd burner w/ the software. if the end files
small enough to fit on a cd you can use a cd and it will still play in a
dvd player.

> Software for burner?
included in the sony software. will format the file computation into
several different file formats and burn to disk for you on either a dvd
or cd. can make several different chapters and a disk menu that can be
accessed on the tv's dvd player.

> My budget for the above is whatever it takes to do it right, but
> hopefully under $500. I would like to do this so my 80 year old mom
> can view the digital family album pictures without a computer.

i used this software to create a memorial for my grandfather's funeral
just a few months ago. i had picked up pinnicle first because i had
heard it was so much better, however i couldn't get it to run on my
computer. ended up costing me 140.00 for software i could not return to
the store. hoping you'll avoid that mistake. make sure it'll work on
your system before you fork out hard earned money.

i ended up making 50+ dvd's and personally stamping every one of them.
took 9 days of work, 12-18 hours a day, to scan the files, create the
slide shows, compile the chapters, burn off the dvd's, print the labels,
and stamp every dvd. i also ended up printing off all the pamphlets for
the memorial. lotta work but i was very glad i did it.

> I really respect the opinions of this group. Any help would be
> greatfully appreciated. I don't need to learn the hardway every time.
>
> WM

cheers and hope this helps.
kat
!