Opnions wanted for case fans layout

Hi guys,

I have bought the case Aerocool S9a, and it does not have an exhaust on its top. I have 4 120mm fans to arrange the cooling layout, which will be controlled by an external fan controller. I have made a first arrangement which can be seen here:

So, I have 2 intakes at the front, 1 intake at the side, 1 exaust at the rear. This way I make two different and independent flows of air, separated by the videocard, as can be seen. Maybe a good alternative for this case?

The configuration is a 3770K with 212 Evo, and a XFX 7950 Black Edition Double Dissipation (2 fans).

This case has another place at the side to attach another 120mm fan, but it is blocked by the 212 Evo.

I want your opnions about the cooling performance of this setup and if I can do anything to improve the cooling given my restrictions?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about opnions wanted case fans layout
  1. rafaeld said:
    Hi guys,

I have bought the case Aerocool S9a, and it does not have an exhaust on its top. I have 4 120mm fans to arrange the cooling layout, which will be controlled by an external fan controller. I have made a first arrangement which can be seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/YXJQK.jpg

So, I have 2 intakes at the front, 1 intake at the side, 1 exaust at the rear. This way I make two different and independent flows of air, separated by the videocard, as can be seen. Maybe a good alternative for this case?

The configuration is a 3770K with 212 Evo, and a XFX 7950 Black Edition Double Dissipation (2 fans).

This case has another place at the side to attach another 120mm fan, but it is blocked by the 212 Evo.

I want your opnions about the cooling performance of this setup and if I can do anything to improve the cooling given my restrictions?

Thanks

i would add a exhaust fan at the top of the case,i found with my case by installing a fan at the top this reduces the temps quite well,with 3 intakes and 2 exhaust you will still have some positive case pressure
  2. You mean there is no fan slot on the top? If not your plan is good, wouldn't change it. If you can add a fan to the top though you should.
  3. Yes, that's right, no fan slot on the top.
  4. You should be good to go. A top fan would have been nice - balance the system a bit more - but isn't necessary.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Cooling Components