Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 1, 2012 2:30:40 PM

hello sir,

my present system configuation is

processor:- intel core 2 duo e7500
motherboard :- biostar G41-M7
video card :- Galaxy Geforce 8400GS
ram :- 2*2GB-(zion P669)

the problem i am facing since i bought my desktop is that i have to play games in very low resolution otherwise the game's framerate is too low or my system would hangup . one of my friends told me that i should add ram to my system.so i added 2GB but there is no increase in performance while playing video games .another friend told me that i should upgrade my video card and he also told me to take some experts advice. so , i came to you .
i have approx. $120 with me

so could any one please suggest me the video card compatible with my pc's configuration so that i could play games at least on medium specs within the mentioned amount.

More about : upgrading graphic card

a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 2:50:42 PM

The new HD 7750 from amd will give a huge boost to your gaming performance and fit nicely in your $120 budget.
Score
April 1, 2012 3:39:20 PM

sir, i have a doubt , hd7750 is gddr5 , is it compatible with my system?
and are there any modifications that i need to do to my system ?
and i don't know the model of my smps
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 4:26:26 PM

nope,
The video memory of 7750 is gddr5 and it is accessed by the card directly unlike accessing your system memory when that vram gets used up.
So,be your system memory a ddr2 or ddr3,you'll have no problems in using the HD 7750.
You may try looking at the label of your PSU for the wattage it delivers.
Normally a 300W PSU is enough to deliver 75W to the pcie express slot and the card requires a little less than that.

(Note:The label attached on the PSU shows some wattage in several columns(+3 -3V,+5 -5V,+12 -12V).If you see the wattage in +12V column being around 130W or above,you're good to go.The combined wattage from all the columns describes your PSU wattage such as the 300W stated above.)
April 1, 2012 5:03:38 PM

sir which one is best to buy i.e., msi , sapphire e.t.c., ?
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 5:45:47 PM

Both msi and sapphire along with xfx,asus are very good manufacturers in the GPU segment.At the end of the day I'd choose msi over the rest for their superior cooling design and the top notch components they use in the PCBs of these cards.
Score
a c 291 U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 5:48:29 PM

Whichever is cheapest/has longer warranty/has nicer appearance. It's up to you, there aren't big differences between them.
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 5:52:21 PM

Anik8 said:
The new HD 7750 from amd will give a huge boost to your gaming performance and fit nicely in your $120 budget.

+1 Great suggestion.

I'd get this one, but only because I love HIS and the cooler on this one is incredible.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 1, 2012 6:27:10 PM

raviteja_91 said:
sir which one is best to buy i.e., msi , sapphire e.t.c., ?

If you want to see the cooler on the msi cards and its specs and features...here it is:-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and about the cooling design here... :-
http://event.msi.com/vga/twinfrozriii/index.html

Anyways,I'm not pushing you at anything in particular,like I said other ones are also nice.But demonstrating why I like the msi models. :) 
Score
April 3, 2012 2:32:38 PM

Best answer selected by raviteja_91.
Score
!