Pls help me decide which of these three cards to buy?

bklixuz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
im in these three cards but will purhase only one:

gainward gtx560 ti OC phantom 1gb 256bit
inno3d gtx560 ti 1gb 256bit
evga gtx560 ti fpb 256bit

the gainward is the oc version. will i still be able to overclock and already factory clocked card? i like how the gainward looks but what im looking for is performance. i will not often overclock the card i dont like playing in higher resolutions i like to stay in the middle settings.
sorry for the noob questions.
thanks in advance!

Solution

I'm pretty sure that I would go with the Evga and the reason being that to give a warranty like that they would have to build thier cards pretty good or be stuck with an endless stream of rma's. I know that because of where you live the warranty will not come into play but the fact that they are well built goes a long way in my book. I have purchased Evga cards for the last 10 years and had very little problems. Of course I have a little bit of an advantage by living in...
Yes you can still overclock a factory overclocked card it's just that there isn't much room left for it to go since it's already overcloced and in most cases it's better to be factory overclocked so you can leave it at that setting and not have to overclock it any higher. You would only gain a small amount of additional performance so it's best to not overclock any higher.
Evga does also factory overclock thier cards and they have several GTX 560Ti models that are factory overclocked. The standard clock for a 560Ti is 822mhz and the Evga card you are looking at is clocked at 850mhz. The good thing about Evga is thier Warranty which is a limited lifetime Warranty , so at any point if something goes wrong with the card you can do a RMA and no other card maker offers that kind of Warranty. So that's a consideration.

bklixuz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
i see but im not in the usa. im in the philippines and if about warranty it pretty much sucks here. i can warranty the card from its vendor i bought from but will take forever.
if you were to choose of those three which one will you go for sir (without warranty)?

All factory OC'd cards are not created equal. Factory OC'd cards fall into two general categories:

1. Reference designs which they put on a small OC and which leave very little room for additional overclocking. You can get the same result by OC'ing these cards yaself.

2. Non-reference designs with beefed up PCB' and larger, more efficient coolers. Fortunately these costs little more than, if anything, over the reference designs

The reference design has a 4 phase VRM design. The EVGA model you picked has a 4 phase design and falls into category 1.

The Inno3D and Phantom have 5 phase designs which gives you a bit more to work with as it does just enough to sneak into category 2. The MSI Twin Frozr has a 6 phase design and a very good cooler.

Stepping up another notch is the Asus DCII TOP and Gigabyte 900Mhz design, both with superb coolers and 7 phase VRM designs. Hardware Heaven tested this board at 1070 MHz, that's a 30+% OC over the 820 MHz "reference" design.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1104/pg19/asus-geforce-gtx-560-ti-directcu-ii-top-review-and-sli-performance-conclusion.html

The MSI Hawk has 9 phases and the Lightning I think has 10 but it doesn't appear to have helped them to do any better than the 7 phase designs as I haven't seen any benchies showing any improvement after 7. Might be out there but I haven't seen em.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363

Since October I have installed about 17 Asus TOP cards ...... every one of them is running at 980MHz or above.....16 of those were in SLI builds. I'm a bit more daring with cards in my own home and Son' No. 2"s I had originally at 1020 MHz .... turned it down to 980 when the warm weather hit. But with a recent PC cleaning and the new fan profile I set up after installing Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 15, temps on the top card were only 75 (70% fan speed) so may scoot it up again.

I checked the site you provided (that card you linked is not faster than any 560ti) and I saw some good deals:

1. Asus GTX560 Ti DCII 1gb ddr5 ₱11,750.00

2. EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 1gb ddr5 hdmi ₱11,995.00

3. EVGA GTX560 Ti FPB 1gb ddr5 hdmi ₱11,500.00

I saw something else also and if it is what production page writes is a great deal:

4. Gainward GTX560 Ti OC Phantom 1g dr5 ₱10,950.00
But the production page plus the picture has:
• Product Name: Gainward GeForce® GTX 560 Ti 2048MB "Phantom"
• Barcode: 4260183361848
• GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
• GPU Clockspeed: 822 Mhz
• Memory: 2048MB GDDR5 (256 bits)

So if this has indeed 2GB ram, its the best option (its cheaper too oO).

bklixuz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
thanks so much guys for helping me out..
after reading the asus gtx560 ti review JackNaylorPE gave im pretty much convinced that's the card i wanna buy.
im sure they wrote the wrong discription for the phantom coz for that price its pretty dam cheap...

I'm pretty sure that I would go with the Evga and the reason being that to give a warranty like that they would have to build thier cards pretty good or be stuck with an endless stream of rma's. I know that because of where you live the warranty will not come into play but the fact that they are well built goes a long way in my book. I have purchased Evga cards for the last 10 years and had very little problems. Of course I have a little bit of an advantage by living in the U.S. but they are still well built and you may be able to overclock some of the other cards to higher speeds but that will also shorten the life of the gpu. I'll take the factory overclock and be happy with it.

Solution