PC geting restart while booting

scarface29

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hello,After a suden shutdown PC geting restart while booting up. I have tried reseting bios jumper but no luck. I am able to load bios but after few seconds it will restart. I tried loading windows from cd pc continue to restart frequently. I have faced this problem 4 times in past 1 year. Every time my vendor will replace the MB but it continues to happen again and again

If the exact same problem happened 4 times and the exact same fix worked every time, then I don't see why the same fix shouldn't work now.

I would be more worried about figuring out what you are doing wrong to make this happen and then fixing that.

That, however, can't really happen till you do the 5th replacement.

Asus boards shouldn't be double booting unless certain BIOS settings are changed (like if you were OCing).

Especially so if replacing the motherboard causes the problem to go away.

If people don't go mucking around in the BIOS, its highly unlikely they will commonly have to boot over and over before getting a good startup.

I would say take the battery out for 30 min and then put it back in to reset everything to defaults and clear out old hardware profiles if it wasn't in the OP that the a different fix worked already 4 out of 4 times.

scarface29

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
The last 3 replacement were in a span of 1month. On last ocassion the problem occured when I switched on my blender in kitchen. I belive there was some power surge. After the replcement all I did was load window 7 and antivirus AVG 12. Once I tried reseting the Bios jumper and it worked but this time that even doesn't work.

Are you using a new high quality surge protector?

If you turned on the blender in your kitchen and it blew up your PC, it sounds to me like the wiring in your house really sucks and probably needs to be redone professionally.

A surge protector would, at the very least, help to mitigate problems due to poor electric wiring and it is pretty cheap compared to redoing the wiring in the house.

From what I understand, surge suppressors lose their ability to protect over time through usage. If whatever random thing you do in your house causes surges and puts serious stress on ones you already have (if any) they probably also need to be changed out pretty regularly on a pretty short schedule.

Do you have any other PC available that you can use to test things with since you aren't going ahead and doing the motherboard replacement?

Anything you can switch out and test is good.

Switch video cards, switch RAM, switch PSUs, etc.

If it is the motherboard as usual then the borrowed PC will work with whatever you take out of the broken one and put in it and the broken one will stay working even using parts from the good one.

The more you test, the more definitive the results will be.

The core 2 duo is probably a 775 processor and the i3 is a 1155 processor, so you can't switch those, but if you can arrange for a different i3 that would work too.