Sign in with
Your question

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 1, 2012 5:46:03 PM

I keep getting this message, but only in Minecraft and BF3: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
I have tried clean windows installs, reinstalling the games, reinstalling origin, reinstalling the AMD drivers, Cleaned the registry, I am running out of things to try. I have seen on other forums that it can be the memory. Do you think it could be the memory?
a c 104 À AMD
April 1, 2012 6:02:51 PM

If you are getting the message with the newest AMD drivers then you should try the previous drivers to see if you can eliminate the message. You don't have to run the newest drivers unless you are having trouble with the games.
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2012 6:03:10 PM

I have a Radeon HD 6970 on a crosshair V Formula with an FX 8150, 16 GB of Corsair Vengence Ram.
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:13:53 PM

Yea just try rolling back a driver and that should fix it. There really isn't much you can do other than re-install a driver when that message comes it. just another it happens senario
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:30:54 PM

Don't forget the hardware causes of the TDR reset that are far too common! What PSU are you using and what temps are you seeing before that message is displayed?
m
l
April 2, 2012 6:36:59 AM

Rockdpm said:
Yea just try rolling back a driver and that should fix it. There really isn't much you can do other than re-install a driver when that message comes it. just another it happens senario

I'm having the same problem too. I do have my own post for it. (feel free to get back to me on there) But I tried what patrickoby1 said "try to download cat 12.1, the drivers are really buggy right now but 12.1 is stable " and it didn't work.
m
l
April 2, 2012 3:56:39 PM

The 12.1 seems to be working for me. aicom I have a thermaltake 1200w psu i don't know what temps are i have not thought to check. If it happens again I will check
m
l
!