Sign in with
Your question

1st Time Buying A Gaming Computer, A Little Help?

Last response: in Systems
June 1, 2012 2:25:56 AM

:hello: 

I'm thinking about investing in a gaming PC and I was browsing around on Amazon and they have a "CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA250 AMD FX-4100 Gaming Desktop PC" for $682.36 (worth the price?) and I was wondering if the specs I have listed below, copied directly from Amazon, were good enough to run games such as Battlefield 3 and possibly other games with similar requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am not purchasing soon, just doing some research before I decide to spend some money. I'm reading mixed reviews on Amazon but I'm still not convinced! Anyone out there know anything about specs? If so, please help! Thanks a ton in advance!!!

Product Features

AMD FX Series Quad Core FX 4100 Processor 3.6GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
Windows 7 Home Premium

Technical Details

Model: GUA250
Hardware Platform: AMD 760G Chipset
Computer Cpu Type: FX-Series Quad-Core FX-4100
Processor Count: 1
Computer Cpu Manufacturer: AMD
RAM Memory Technology: DDR3
RAM Memory Size: 8 GB
Hard Disk Interface: Unknown
Graphics Ram: 1
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

June 1, 2012 11:34:10 AM

does anybody think this is good enough to run some of the best games out there or at least keep up with them?
m
l
June 1, 2012 2:11:29 PM

I doubt you will be able to run it on high... probably medium.

i would go on cyperpowers site itself and fool around building and customizing.

just remember the GPU (video card) is the most important component for gaming.
m
l
Related resources
June 1, 2012 3:03:42 PM

Did you know that all games list theri "min" & "suggested" configurations? Why don't you build a rig? Plenty of help right here.
m
l
June 1, 2012 3:17:39 PM

I'd rather just buy one to be honest, I wanted to know if it would run BF3 and others similar to it because I do game cinemas and I wanted to switch over to PC gaming.

As far as settings go for BF3, not really caring too much for the "Ultra" settings, if I can get at least medium I'd be happy with that.

Anyone else want to agree with "mojorisin23" will I have medium settings with this set up?

Thanks again.
m
l
June 1, 2012 6:38:42 PM

I can play on high with my laptop which has a GT 540M video card.

I'm not saying you build one, I say go on CP and customize one that they will build. just up the video card a bit and you will be set. Its the only problem i see with that build (other than the fact i dont like AMD but thats personal). the computer is great for that price, only problem is the vid card.

you could always get that PC, remove the video card, sell it on ebay, and buy a better card on amazon or newegg...
m
l
June 1, 2012 6:53:10 PM

mojorisin23 said:
I can play on high with my laptop which has a GT 540M video card.

I'm not saying you build one, I say go on CP and customize one that they will build. just up the video card a bit and you will be set. Its the only problem i see with that build (other than the fact i dont like AMD but thats personal). the computer is great for that price, only problem is the vid card.

you could always get that PC, remove the video card, sell it on ebay, and buy a better card on amazon or newegg...

+1 mojorisin23.

If you don't want to build yourself (a very understandable sentiment), then it's probably better that you go directly to cyberpower's website and customize one, or find another seller that does something similar.

Ditto on his replacing the graphics card bit too.
m
l
June 3, 2012 3:02:08 PM

thanks for all the replies, i appreciate it
m
l
June 5, 2012 2:56:12 PM

Customize one on CP, get the price your budgeted for, use a 5% off promo code (theres always one out there), and post it here and people will critique it.

m
l
!