If my mobo is partially fried, and I insert a new CPU......

smartguy90

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Will it potentially destroy the CPU?

Here is the problem. I put together a new rig, and everything works, except for BIOS(No Beep Codes) and Display.

I've tried removing all the peripherals, one by one, did not make any difference. (Also burned out a PSU in the process HEHEHE)

I am now thinking it is the MOBO or PROCESSOR that is the issue.

My guess is insert a new CPU see if that helps? Instead of getting a new mobo and having it burn out.. IDK which is the better bet? -_-

........................................ please answer original question.......................
.....................would that card that plugs into PCI slot that displays a number that shows whats wrong with the mobo help? wtf is that called btw? ------------

g-unit1111

Titan
Because MOBO is usually cheaper than a CPU, try to replace the MOBO first. Also a bad PSU can destroy everything, use a better one instead.

That's debatable - I've had some cheap PSUs blow up and short out on me but I've never had any additional equipment taken down with it.

To answer the original question - no - I've moved CPUs from multiple motherboards before and been fine. Just be careful when you're installing the fan and you're good.