Solved

What is the hd 4770 real power needs

Hello, i just anted to know what the hd 4770's real power needs are.
I have looked on many sites and some say its max power draw is 80ws and others says its anywhere from 110-120ws.

I just want to make sure i can use, comfortably and not cutting it close with my Delta 460w psu. :na:
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what 4770 real power needs
  1. Bump
  2. I don't know for sure but if it doesn't use a PCIe connector from the PSU then it runs in 75watts or less. If it does use a connector from the PSU and your research says around 110 watts give it some margin and think of 150watts just to be safe
  3. Your fine a Piece of sh#t PSU will still power that low end graphics card perfectly without issues. I just wouldn't overclock and your good to go.
  4. Delta is one of the better OEM PSU manufacturers out there.
  5. Best answer
    I have an XFX Radeon HD 4770 currently in my system, with an older 535 watt Enermax PSU with 4 GB's of DDR2 800Mhz ram and have played the Call of Duty games (COD4,Modern Warfare 2 and 3 and even Battlefield 2 at medium settings)) without any problems. But before I purchased the Enermax, I ran the card and games with a generic 500watt PS and they still ran OK. So you should be fine. Only a 6-pin power connector is required and I believe your power supply has one. Yes, some sites do say that it's an 80 watt at idle card, but even at a higher wattage, it will be no problem. Hope this helps.
  6. Straight from an XFX 4770 box, "-500 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI express power connector recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin for ATI CrossfireX technology in dual mode)".
  7. Best answer selected by carnal sage.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power HD Graphics