Does monitor size affect graphic performance?

millions1030

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Specs:
Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Motherboard
Diamond Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5
4GB DDR3 RAM

If i ran crysis (or any other PC game) on a 27" (larger monitor) at 1280 x 720 and got 25-35 FPS at High settings, would i get better FPS (or over all experience) if i switched to a 20" (smaller) monitor at the same 1280 x 720 resolution with all settings the high (same) ?

Solution
No. It all depends on resolution, not screen size. If you increase resolution, the number of pixels the graphics card has to draw will increase, which will decrease frames per second. However, if you increase the screen size, nothing changes, according to the computer, as size isn't tied with pixel count.
No. It all depends on resolution, not screen size. If you increase resolution, the number of pixels the graphics card has to draw will increase, which will decrease frames per second. However, if you increase the screen size, nothing changes, according to the computer, as size isn't tied with pixel count.

Solution

millions1030

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012

Ok, thank you. What does native resolution mean? and the larger the display doesn't mean more physical pixels? or is there no such thing?

TRENDING THREADS