Graphic Card issue or possible Power Supply issue

choliscott

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am getting BSOD with it referring Atipmag.sys. The error will happen occasionally, even if i'm not using the machine. When I updated the drivers to 12.3, I would get the BSOD at least once a day. What I tried was to uninstall that driver & try using the ATI driver that comes on Windows update (this is not the default VGA driver).

At the moment, I am trying 12.3 again, but without CCC being installed. A few people have mentioned reseating the card, which I have tried & still get the error. I'll even go as far as doing a Windows 7 reinstall & try different drivers & will still get the same issue.

So my question is does this sound like a Video card issue or a power supply issue?

If this is a video card issue, is there a comparable card on the Nvidia side? From what I can find the GTX560 TI, would be it, but it's outside of the price range I want to pay, while the GTX 550 TI is within the price range, but looks like the 560 is a decent bit better then the 550.

Thanks!!

My system:

I7 2600K
Asrock Ext 3 Gen 3 MB
4 - 4gb 1333 DDR 3
ATI Radeon HD 6850
1 SSD HD
4 - SATA 7200 RPM HD's
Lite On Blu Ray Burner
Antec Earthwatts EA-650

G

just google Atipmag.sys. and you'll see that it is the drivers that are the problem.

boot into safe mode, uninstall the drivers, use driver sweeper to clean up "fingerprints". reboot and install the drivers.

choliscott

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I have tried that & still have the same issue, even using recent & earlier versions of the drivers for my card.

DM186

Splendid
Are you watching your temps? If so what program are you using? Some else had a issue kinda like yours. Come to find out it was a bad stick of ram. Rum a mem test and see if it all checks out.

But before you test try taking one stick out at a time and swap them around might bring up the problem. And here is a link to mem test.

http://www.memtest.org/