Forgotten Hope.... lost hope...

HELP HELP HELP!!!

THE PROBLEM>>>>>>

I Downloaded FH and I realy realy like the most of it because it's more
realistic.

BUT !!! my steal is playing SNIPER for 90% !! and that is what I almost
CAN"T do.. :(

I have searched several maps without succes in finding even ONE
sniper-rifle...
and when I found one... actualy 2 rifle's in Bocage (YIPPY YIPPY :) )
it's almost impossible to get to only THAT spot in combat..

It's even worse when being killed... START ALL OVER AGAIN ... NO RIFLE
FOR ME !!! :( :( :(

why the f (sorry) can we not choose in our mainbase the kind of rifle we
like??

Seems like FH "killed" the sniper person.. :( :(

Questions:
Does someone know where to find most of the sniper-rifle's?
Does he/she want to share that info?
Is there someting like the BF42 maps ( material/place/AA locatinons/ ammo
depot/ etc. ??
Any other info about where to find sniper rifle's.. ??

THANKS THANKS THANKS

Bonobo (Scout)
--
DutchDareDevil
4 answers Last reply

    In article <opslgqhmptabsjsi@h-l.lan>, Bonobo <news.wanadoo.nl> says...
    > HELP HELP HELP!!!
    >
    > THE PROBLEM>>>>>>
    >
    > I Downloaded FH and I realy realy like the most of it because it's more
    > realistic.
    >

    > BUT !!! my steal is playing SNIPER for 90% !! and that is what I almost
    > CAN"T do.. :(
    >
    > I have searched several maps without succes in finding even ONE
    > sniper-rifle...
    > and when I found one... actualy 2 rifle's in Bocage (YIPPY YIPPY :) )
    > it's almost impossible to get to only THAT spot in combat..
    >
    > It's even worse when being killed... START ALL OVER AGAIN ... NO RIFLE
    > FOR ME !!! :( :( :(
    >
    > why the f (sorry) can we not choose in our mainbase the kind of rifle we
    > like??
    >
    > Seems like FH "killed" the sniper person.. :( :(
    >
    > Questions:
    > Does someone know where to find most of the sniper-rifle's?
    > Does he/she want to share that info?
    > Is there someting like the BF42 maps ( material/place/AA locatinons/ ammo
    > depot/ etc. ??
    > Any other info about where to find sniper rifle's.. ??
    >

    > THANKS THANKS THANKS
    >

    > Bonobo (Scout)

    Ok, to hit on a very touchy subject....

    Snipers are considered "noobs". No, I don't think this is "right",
    because I like to snipe as much as the next person. HOWEVER. On maps
    such as Bocage, seldom, if ever, will a sniper be the deciding factor in
    a game.

    "Back in the day..." snipers weren't very plentiful (unless you count
    the Russians in places such as Stalingrad. Forgotten Hope expands this
    fact into it's Mod and doesn't allow "just anyone" to grab a sniper
    rifle and head off into Battle.

    As with everything else in BF World, I would advise to learn other
    classes of players and play those as much as possible, if nothing else,
    to learn another skill to hold you over until you can find a sniper
    rifle.

    Remember, most BF servers, especially Forgotten Hope servers, aren't
    about the individual score, it's more about the team.

    /CF

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:52:28 -0500, Colonel_Flagg
    <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:

    > In article <opslgqhmptabsjsi@h-l.lan>, Bonobo <news.wanadoo.nl> says...
    >> HELP HELP HELP!!!
    >>
    >> THE PROBLEM>>>>>>
    >>
    >> I Downloaded FH and I realy realy like the most of it because it's more
    >> realistic.
    >>

    >> BUT !!! my steal is playing SNIPER for 90% !! and that is what I almost
    >> CAN"T do.. :(
    >>
    >> I have searched several maps without succes in finding even ONE
    >> sniper-rifle...
    >> and when I found one... actualy 2 rifle's in Bocage (YIPPY YIPPY :) )
    >> it's almost impossible to get to only THAT spot in combat..
    >>
    >> It's even worse when being killed... START ALL OVER AGAIN ... NO RIFLE
    >> FOR ME !!! :( :( :(
    >>
    >> why the f (sorry) can we not choose in our mainbase the kind of rifle
    >> we
    >> like??
    >>
    >> Seems like FH "killed" the sniper person.. :( :(
    >>
    >> Questions:
    >> Does someone know where to find most of the sniper-rifle's?
    >> Does he/she want to share that info?
    >> Is there someting like the BF42 maps ( material/place/AA locatinons/
    >> ammo
    >> depot/ etc. ??
    >> Any other info about where to find sniper rifle's.. ??
    >>

    >> THANKS THANKS THANKS
    >>

    >> Bonobo (Scout)
    >>

    > Ok, to hit on a very touchy subject....
    >
    > Snipers are considered "noobs". No, I don't think this is "right",
    > because I like to snipe as much as the next person. HOWEVER. On maps
    > such as Bocage, seldom, if ever, will a sniper be the deciding factor in
    > a game.
    >
    > "Back in the day..." snipers weren't very plentiful (unless you count
    > the Russians in places such as Stalingrad. Forgotten Hope expands this
    > fact into it's Mod and doesn't allow "just anyone" to grab a sniper
    > rifle and head off into Battle.
    >
    > As with everything else in BF World, I would advise to learn other
    > classes of players and play those as much as possible, if nothing else,
    > to learn another skill to hold you over until you can find a sniper
    > rifle.
    >
    > Remember, most BF servers, especially Forgotten Hope servers, aren't
    > about the individual score, it's more about the team.
    >

    > /CF

    I realy, realy.........REALY have to comment on this... ;)

    1) When I "scout" bocage ( and ofcourse most other maps..) my first goal
    is to keep "enemy" AA guns clear from persons so my team pilots stands
    more change in their plane(s). If I get a dime for every "tank position2
    plane atackgunner -kill" I can by myself a new kubelwagen ;)

    I also give nice targets for Artillery with sometimes damostating results

    2)
    > "snipers weren't very plentiful"
    I agree but I think that it shouldn't be TO hard to become one.. :'(

    3) If needed, I play Engi because a lot of ENGI's !!! (not ALL ;) ) dont
    repair TEAMMATES armor /AA etc. they just care about themselves.... NOT
    ME THANK YOU :P

    My point.... I LIKE PLAYING TEAMPLAY and there should be a black-market
    on every map where I can "buy" a sniper rifle..... ;) so i can go on with
    supporting my assault with suppres fire if needed.. 8-)

    AND I DONT GIVE A D..n ABOUT MY PERSONAL SCORE ;) :)

    Can you give me any tip where to find /buy these rifles please...
    please... :)

    teamplayer, Bonobo
    --
    DutchDareDevil

    In article <opslg9ihcaabsjsi@h-l.lan>, Bonobo <news.wanadoo.nl> says...

    > Can you give me any tip where to find /buy these rifles please...
    > please... :)
    >
    > teamplayer, Bonobo

    sorry, never play sniper on FH, always an engineer fixing and blowing
    things up.

    /CF
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Awwwww. Poor Bobo can't be a sniper in a diaper.

    "Bonobo" <news.wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:opslgqhmptabsjsi@h-l.lan...
    > HELP HELP HELP!!!
    >
    > THE PROBLEM>>>>>>
    >
    > I Downloaded FH and I realy realy like the most of it because it's more realistic.
    >

    > BUT !!! my steal is playing SNIPER for 90% !! and that is what I almost CAN"T do.. :(
    >
    > I have searched several maps without succes in finding even ONE sniper-rifle...
    > and when I found one... actualy 2 rifle's in Bocage (YIPPY YIPPY :) ) it's almost impossible to get to only THAT spot in
    > combat..
    >
    > It's even worse when being killed... START ALL OVER AGAIN ... NO RIFLE FOR ME !!! :( :( :(
    >
    > why the f (sorry) can we not choose in our mainbase the kind of rifle we like??
    >
    > Seems like FH "killed" the sniper person.. :( :(
    >
    > Questions:
    > Does someone know where to find most of the sniper-rifle's?
    > Does he/she want to share that info?
    > Is there someting like the BF42 maps ( material/place/AA locatinons/ ammo depot/ etc. ??
    > Any other info about where to find sniper rifle's.. ??
    >

    > THANKS THANKS THANKS
    >

    > Bonobo (Scout)
    > --
    > DutchDareDevil