The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
For about 4-5 months I've been running my set up, My gpu would idle at 40c and while gaming on BF3 my GPU would reach about 60-65c Max

Now, it's idle'ing at 45c and when I play BF3 it sits around 70-73.

Does anyone know what might have cause this increase in temperature?

My configuration has stayed the same throughout the entire time.

The graphics card is the XFX 6870.

Solution
Temperature of your hardware completely depends on your ambient temperature! Those are the rules and you must follow them! If your room temperature increases by 10 degrees, your hardware temperature will increase by 10 degrees.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED

probably true, ive seen a cheap old fan straight up quit working from being blown out

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

It is getting hot here in Texas, but would it really increase 5c~?

Temperature of your hardware completely depends on your ambient temperature! Those are the rules and you must follow them! If your room temperature increases by 10 degrees, your hardware temperature will increase by 10 degrees.

Solution

artha5

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hi guys, just new on the site. I've had the same problem as Halo Don except i just bought my cards around 2 months ago and they were around the same temps as Halo Don detailed (around 30-40 idle and 67-70 with BF3 if i'm not mistaken). My cards are two Asus HD 7870 Crossfired.

The thing is i've been playing AC Brotherhood for a while now and since isn't as demanding as BF3, my cards weren't having much problem to run it at full specs but these last few days the temp have been going up very intensely (around 40-55 idle and 75-83 ingame, specially the main card); the ambient temp hasn't changed drastically at all.

Today was the most rare cause i was playing AC Bhood and out of nothing i heared a fan noising up real fast and hard but just for a little while and then it stopped but i cheked the ASUS GPU Tweak which has a monitor and saw the temp going up for just one moment to 101 c°!!!! (in the main card, on the support card it went up like to 80ish) Then i knew something was definitely wrong.

Does any of you guys knows that could be wrong? i hope you can help me, thanks for the support! See ya!