packerd bell and explorer

January 21, 2005 5:41:02 AM

My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?

thanks.

More about : packerd bell explorer

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:27:29 AM

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:41:02 -0800, Steven wrote:

> My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
> windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?
>
> thanks.

Really? They have a purple theme?

What happens if you use Display Properties> Themes and switch to the
Windows XP or the Windows Classic theme? Are you able to get the standard
blue colors with either of those choices? After choosing either theme, you
can move over to Display> Appearance and should be able to select different
color schemes.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi Steven,

You should be able to change the Menu Bar (Active and Inactive) via Display Properties, Appearance tab (Click "Advanced" button). Or, click the Themes tab and reset the Theme to "Windows XP" if you're using any other custom theme.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFD60872-4CD0-42F5-AF37-A713539F715B@microsoft.com...
My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?

thanks.
Related resources
January 22, 2005 10:41:03 AM

thanks guys, but it didn't help! my menu bar in internet explorer is still
purple. I can't find the item 'menu bar' when i click the advanced button on
the appearance tab. And resetting the theme doesn't do the trick either.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> You should be able to change the Menu Bar (Active and Inactive) via Display Properties, Appearance tab (Click "Advanced" button). Or, click the Themes tab and reset the Theme to "Windows XP" if you're using any other custom theme.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFD60872-4CD0-42F5-AF37-A713539F715B@microsoft.com...
> My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
> windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?
>
> thanks.

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:49:56 AM

Steven,

I assume you're referring to the Title bar (the top most area in a Window), look for these two items in the Appearance tab > Advanced.

Active Title bar
Inactive Title bar

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP