packerd bell and explorer

My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?

thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about packerd bell explorer

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:41:02 -0800, Steven wrote:

    > My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
    > windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?
    >
    > thanks.

    Really? They have a purple theme?

    What happens if you use Display Properties> Themes and switch to the
    Windows XP or the Windows Classic theme? Are you able to get the standard
    blue colors with either of those choices? After choosing either theme, you
    can move over to Display> Appearance and should be able to select different
    color schemes.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi Steven,

    You should be able to change the Menu Bar (Active and Inactive) via Display Properties, Appearance tab (Click "Advanced" button). Or, click the Themes tab and reset the Theme to "Windows XP" if you're using any other custom theme.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFD60872-4CD0-42F5-AF37-A713539F715B@microsoft.com...
    My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
    windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?

    thanks.

    thanks guys, but it didn't help! my menu bar in internet explorer is still
    purple. I can't find the item 'menu bar' when i click the advanced button on
    the appearance tab. And resetting the theme doesn't do the trick either.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Hi Steven,
    >
    > You should be able to change the Menu Bar (Active and Inactive) via Display Properties, Appearance tab (Click "Advanced" button). Or, click the Themes tab and reset the Theme to "Windows XP" if you're using any other custom theme.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFD60872-4CD0-42F5-AF37-A713539F715B@microsoft.com...
    > My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
    > windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?
    >
    > thanks.

    Steven,

    I assume you're referring to the Title bar (the top most area in a Window), look for these two items in the Appearance tab > Advanced.

    Active Title bar
    Inactive Title bar

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Hi Steven,
    >
    > You should be able to change the Menu Bar (Active and Inactive) via Display Properties, Appearance tab (Click "Advanced" button). Or, click the Themes tab and reset the Theme to "Windows XP" if you're using any other custom theme.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFD60872-4CD0-42F5-AF37-A713539F715B@microsoft.com...
    > My pc is a packerd bell. This means that all the menu bars in internet and
    > windows explorer are PURPLE!! How can I change this?
    >
    > thanks.

Configuration Windows Explorer Explorer Customization Microsoft Windows XP