Solved

What temp should I trust?

So my cpu temp says 46-48c while my cpu core temps are at 39c. What temp do I trust?
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what temp trust
  1. What CPU are you using? What program are you using to monitor them? A screenshot showing which temperatures you're talking about would help as well :)
  2. Here ya go :)
  3. Thanks :)

If I recall correctly, TEMPIN0 is your motherboard temperature, TEMPIN1 is your CPU socket temperature.
  4. and to be sure bios temp is always right lol, some of these programs can get false readings
  5. lazyboy947 said:
    and to be sure bios temp is always right lol, some of these programs can get false readings

Yes, this too :lol:
  6. Hmm, that could be a possibility. Although TEMPIN2 only maxed at 44c while the cores maxed at 53c. And TEMPIN0 maxed at 61c. These were temps while running battlefield 3. So are the cores being hotter than TEMPIN2 normal?
  7. he said the tempin1 is prob the cpu socket sensor not the cores themselves they have their own readout and id listen to those more than than tempin1, on my motherboard it has temp3 at 170 degrees F, so as i mentioned bios temps r most believable
  8. GhostOfDawn1 said:
    Hmm, that could be a possibility. Although TEMPIN2 only maxed at 44c while the cores maxed at 53c. And TEMPIN0 maxed at 61c. These were temps while running battlefield 3. So are the cores being hotter than TEMPIN2 normal?

That's also another possibility, looking around on the web, there's so many things about the HWMonitor TEMPIN readings that I'm starting to get confused myself :lol:

You should worry more about your Core Temps, I've done this for a long while along with many other people and they haven't encountered any issues.

From what you've said, you may be aright about TEMPIN0 being your CPU temperature, however, I believe this may be your your Package/Socket temperature, NOT your cores.
  9. Alright, so I checked in the bios and the CPU temp was 50c while the system temp was 37c. Pretty odd :P By the way, I can't see core temps in the bios. So not sure about them. But the core temps on HWmonitor show 35c at the moment.
  10. Your CPU temperature in BIOS is correct, there's a few things that don't turn on until you load into your OS (thank you, muffin) so your temperatures may be a little bit warmer.
  11. So anyways, what I should mostly worry about are the core temps? Or the TEMPIN0(CPU) temp?
  12. Best answer
    I've always went with Core Temps and I will continue to do so.

You may want to download a program called Core Temp (lol) to also monitor your temperatures if you want a second reading.
  13. Yea, Core Temp shows the same core temps on HWMonitor. So anyway, thanks for your help! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the core temps if I ever overclock more in the future.
  14. You're very welcome! :)
  15. Best answer selected by GhostOfDawn1.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core