sylvia88121

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Question 1: My computer is a compaq 610 laptop, I keep using the computer's external adapter instead of the battery(was fully charged) for about a month.
Question 2: Last night I try to plug in the battery but the computer can not boot. I found the battery is empty so get it charged while the laptop is switching off. The next day I am tonished to find that the battery remaided empty as 0%....
Question 3: I am sure the battery contacts perfectly to the computer because i have tried several times and the power cord is all right. At the same time, I found that the charging light wasn't on and the battery said "the power is connected but the battery is not charged".
Question 4: Someone said that maybe a problem had occured to motherboard or the battery was in poor quality.

Begging solutions from expert, any help will be greatly appreciated.....Becanse the battery isn't under warranty any more, i don't want to get it repaired....Or I just need a new replacement battery, someone recommened me a website http://www.hplaptopbatteryadapter.com/compaq-610-battery-6-cell-5200mah-108v-p-810.html , he said that he once bought one at that website, the battery works perfect and the price is reasonable, can it be trusted? I have no idea,,,

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
The battery is most likely dead. I would look for a replacement on ebay, they're probably going to be the least expensive. I've purchased a dell laptop battery from there and it been going strong for ~1 year now.

EDIT
I wonder if you could actually check the battery contacts on the laptop itself with a multi-meter and see if any dc current is detected. Then could narrow it down to faulty battery or possible bad charging contacts on the laptop.

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007

I doubt updating the bios would aid in detecting your battery. If you have a multimeter try doing as I said in the above post. But you should really make your own thread.