Sign in with
Your question

Is this still an ok temperature for a gtx 560

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 2, 2012 12:43:17 PM

Here's the GPUZ log:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/gpuload.gif/

Also, does repeated alt-tabbing tax the graphic card? Was playing Swtor and was alt-tabbing back and forth because I was doing some photoshop work. Ventrilo was also running. Anyway, and first time this happened, I alt-tabbed while I was on a speeder route and bam, when I went back to the game, it was just a black screen with purple dots and lines all over and the game crashed with a player talking in vent looping over and over. Did a hard reset and problem didn't recur (played for 6 hrs the next day and the bug didn't reappear). My graphics card is new and I'm also playing a more taxing game (Battlefield) for hours on end without this happening. Was thinking it had something to do with swtor.

More about : temperature gtx 560

a b U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 1:56:16 PM

It's running warm but it's still within a reasonable temperature range.

Also the crash could of been caused by a few things, like GPU drivers, game files, corrupt hardware data or even just some plain old bad luck.

If it happens again you could try updating the GPU bios.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 3:43:30 PM

Still fine I think, but if it has a decent non reference cooler model such as MSI Twin Frozer. I think there is a problem. But if it's reference cooler then I think it's totally acceptable, but not very good at all.

See if updating the driver and setting fanspeed a bit more helps :) .
m
l
!