Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

NVIDIA GTS 450 DDR3 1GB VS AMD RADEON HD 6670 DDR5 1GB VS HD 6750 DDR3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 2, 2012 2:58:38 PM

I am posting for first time & i am not a hardcore gamer. My small desktop monitor has a resolution of 1024x768. My pc has 4gb ddr2 800mhz ram & core2duo e7500 2.93 ghz & win 7. I currently have a 9400gt 1 gb graphics card, but it is even sometimes laging in fifa 12. So i want to buy a graphics card within Rs.6000 i.e., 6k. In my country the price of -

NVIDIA GTS 450 DDR3 1GB is Rs.5600 ,i.e., 5.6k

AMD RADEON HD6670 DDR5 1GB is Rs.5600 ,i.e., 5.6k

AMD RADEON HD6750 DDR3 1GB is Rs.5780 ,i.e, 5.8k

I want to play Battlefield 3, Modern warfare 3, fifa 12 and all the latest and upcoming games on that resolution of 1024x768 with medium to high settings, so which is my best option. I have only these 3 cards available within 6k. Please reply, i will buy it within 3 days. At the moment i am with HD6670. THANX IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING
a c 261 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
April 2, 2012 3:23:30 PM

All three cards are comparable in performance, and a nice jump over your current 9400GT.
Since all three are comparable in price, consider other issues.

Since you already have a nvidia based card, and are familiar with their drivers, it might make sense to go with the GTS450.
You should be able to just exchange cards with no driver removal/reinstall issues.

From a functional point of view, does any card have a superior cooler? I like those that direct the hot air out the back of the case.

Do you have an adequate 450w psu for the GTS450 or 6750?

If your psu is400w, the 6670 might be better.

Is one from a brand that you trust more?
Score
0
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 3:33:43 PM

Haha that's like my old low-end rig.

By the way, for an upgrade, I recommend 6750 or GTS 450. They are the fastest among the three. But I saw GTS 450 being cheap, so I think that's going to be the best for you.

But really, it also depends on other stuffs as well. Are you looking for AMD now than nvidia if that's the case? What is your Power Supply? What brands are these? Do anyone of this card has superior cooling solution such as Twin Frozer?
Score
0
Related resources
April 2, 2012 3:38:03 PM

geofelt said:
All three cards are comparable in performance, and a nice jump over your current 9400GT.
Since all three are comparable in price, consider other issues.

Since you already have a nvidia based card, and are familiar with their drivers, it might make sense to go with the GTS450.
You should be able to just exchange cards with no driver removal/reinstall issues.

From a functional point of view, does any card have a superior cooler? I like those that direct the hot air out the back of the case.

Do you have an adequate 450w psu for the GTS450 or 6750?

If your psu is400w, the 6670 might be better.

Is one from a brand that you trust more?


I found on some websites that
gts450 ddr3 has memory bandwith of 22.3 gb, 24 tau, 16 rop.

hd6670 has ddr5 has 67gb of memory bandwith, 16 tau,8 rop.

hd6750 ddr3 has 29gb of memory bandwith, 32 tau, 24 rop.

So please tell me which will give best performance on 1024x768 resolution. I have no problems with brands and i can also download any drivers necessary for amd or nvidia. So no problem with brands and drivers. i can buy a 450 watt psu, i think i have 400 watt. my asus motherboard has pcie x16 slots. So tell me which will give the best performance.
Score
0
April 2, 2012 3:43:35 PM

refillable said:
Haha that's like my old low-end rig.

By the way, for an upgrade, I recommend 6750 or GTS 450. They are the fastest among the three. But I saw GTS 450 being cheap, so I think that's going to be the best for you.

But really, it also depends on other stuffs as well. Are you looking for AMD now than nvidia if that's the case? What is your Power Supply? What brands are these? Do anyone of this card has superior cooling solution such as Twin Frozer?


I think the ddr5 versions of hd6750 and gts450 are faster not the ddr3 versions are that faster. The hd6670 is ddr5 and i guess will be faster than gts 450 DDR3 and hd6750 DDR3.
I DON'T KNOW SURELY
Score
0
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 3:53:15 PM

What kind of 400 watt PSU?

6670 GDDR5 aren't any faster than GTS 450 or 6750 whatever version it is as far as I know. They are different class anyway :) .

GTS 450 and 6750 should trade blows, and depending on the game sometimes one is faster and one is slower. The main benefit of GTS 450 is it's cheaper, and the main benefit of 6750 is that it will consume less power. So it all depends on you.

Also you haven't answer the question "Do anyone of this card has superior cooling solution such as Twin Frozer"? Answer it so I can give the absolute best for you. If you don't want to answer then, sorry I can't.
Score
0
a c 261 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
April 2, 2012 3:53:40 PM

KakaJeet said:
I found on some websites that
gts450 ddr3 has memory bandwith of 22.3 gb, 24 tau, 16 rop.

hd6670 has ddr5 has 67gb of memory bandwith, 16 tau,8 rop.

hd6750 ddr3 has 29gb of memory bandwith, 32 tau, 24 rop.

So please tell me which will give best performance on 1024x768 resolution. I have no problems with brands and i can also download any drivers necessary for amd or nvidia. So no problem with brands and drivers. i can buy a 450 watt psu, i think i have 400 watt. my asus motherboard has pcie x16 slots. So tell me which will give the best performance.


You can't determine gpu performance by looking at specs; every card has different tradeoffs.
Which card is superior may well be determined by which game you are running.
All three cards are essentially identical in performance across a broad spectrum of games. You could detect a difference in a particular game with a benchmark, but not to the user in actual gameplay.

A 400w psu will likely run any of the cards if it is a quality brand. Try it first.

Don't beat yourself up anguishing over this. All are equally good choices.
Score
0
April 2, 2012 3:57:44 PM

refillable said:
What kind of 400 watt PSU?

GTS 450 and 6750 should trade blows, and depending on the game sometimes one is faster and one is slower. The main benefit of GTS 450 is it's cheaper, and the main benefit of 6750 is that it will consume less power. So it all depends on you.

Also you haven't answer the question "Do anyone of this card has superior cooling solution such as Twin Frozer"? Answer it so I can give the absolute best for you. If you don't want to answer then, sorry I can't.


i am a noob about thse things, so i dont know what is twin frozer
Score
0
April 2, 2012 4:01:44 PM

THE MEMORY BANDWITH OF HD6670 IS 67GB/SEC AND GTS450 DDR3 IS 22GB/SEC AND HD6750 DDR3 IS 29GB/SEC. SO I TOLD THE HD6670 DDR5 IS FASTER. THE HD6670 DDR5 HAS LESS TAU'S AND ROP'S THAN GTS450 DDR3 AND HD6750 DDR3
Score
0
April 2, 2012 4:09:00 PM

geofelt said:
You can't determine gpu performance by looking at specs; every card has different tradeoffs.
Which card is superior may well be determined by which game you are running.
All three cards are essentially identical in performance across a broad spectrum of games. You could detect a difference in a particular game with a benchmark, but not to the user in actual gameplay.

A 400w psu will likely run any of the cards if it is a quality brand. Try it first.

Don't beat yourself up anguishing over this. All are equally good choices.


I want to play bf3, mw3, fifa 12, pes 12, etc. your choice is my choice, so please pick one of them and i will be very very much thankful to you. plz plz pick one of them, hahaha
Score
0
April 2, 2012 4:11:32 PM

refillable said:
do they have A decent reference cooler, and what are the brands.

Example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Would be MSI Twinfrozer III. The seller should be telling you mate.

Memory bandwidth is not that much of matter


Here, the sellers are total noob, even i know better than them. i think they will give me a msi or asus band amd and evga or asus brand nvidia
Score
0
a c 261 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
April 2, 2012 4:16:28 PM

KakaJeet said:
Here, the sellers are total noob, even i know better than them. i think they will give me a msi or asus band amd and evga or asus brand nvidia


In the US EVGA is considered very good. 400w meets specs.
I like the cooler on this EVGA GTS450:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
0
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 4:16:29 PM

Oh OK... Say everything is reference, I'll vote for 6750 :) . But eVGA GTS 450 is also very good.

BTW, what PSU is that???
Score
0
April 2, 2012 5:03:12 PM

refillable said:
Oh OK... Say everything is reference, I'll vote for 6750 :) . But eVGA GTS 450 is also very good.

BTW, what PSU is that???

zebronics psu. what is wrong the ddr5 hd6670 ?
Score
0
a c 261 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
April 2, 2012 5:18:49 PM

The ram used gddr5 3 or whatever, the tau, ram, bandwidth, rop's and dopes or whatever mean nothing. It is the end result performance that counts and you choices are essentially the same.
There is so little difference among your choices that you are wasting your time trying to find something meaningful.

YOU must pick. I will not.
Score
0
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 2, 2012 6:22:24 PM

Zebronics? Upgrade it.
Score
0
April 28, 2012 5:13:40 PM

i prefer that u should buy a asus nvidia geforce gts 450 1gb ddr3....
it is within ur budjet of about Rs5894..in flipkart.com u can order right away.... and it is type of card which can really run games like nfs the run, battlefield 3 etc......o yes skyrim also
Score
0
May 3, 2012 11:16:20 AM

Go for Radeon HD 6670.For your resolution it will play all games at high graphics.Highly recommended.I have it.I can play all games at high graphics at 1440X900.But you need a good SMPS.Minimum 500v.
Score
0
!