Sign in with
Your question
Solved

$1100 Gaming PC help

Last response: in Systems
June 1, 2012 10:04:21 PM

I'm looking into building a new computer since it's more future-proof than buying one and I need some help on what to buy.

Approximate Purchase Date: This month

Budget Range: $1100 max preferably lower

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, school work, surfing the internet.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg Canada or wherever the prices are low.

Parts Preferences: The most future proof parts I can possibly have. My parents won't let me upgrade this pc for a long time, I will probably have a job by that time..

Overclocking: Yes, but I'm a bit scared as it is my first time.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes if 2 cheaper video cards are better than 1 expensive one.

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050, do you recommend a new monitor of a higher resolution?

Additional Comments: Ideally, I would like to run every game at max or high settings without any problems for the next few years.

Here's what I have so far:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...
This still requires a motherboard, a gpu, a 500 gb-1 tb hardrive.

Please tell me which motherboard, gpu, and hardrive to get so I can get the most "Bang for my buck"(?). And also provide feedback on what I already have, tell me if anything else needs to be changed or can be changed to save money. I'm also debating whether I should get the 3570k or get a 2500k. It's a $20 difference here on Newegg Canada so I think the IB is worth it. Should I get an SSD too?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think the link has everything I need now, can someone take a look and tell me what to change to get better specs and save money?

More about : 1100 gaming

a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 10:06:31 PM

Buy your parts from directcanada. Most of your wishlist is going to get FREE SHIPPING.
m
l
June 1, 2012 10:17:09 PM

Doesn't Newegg Canada have free shipping too? And also, I don't think my wishlist will display right. I already made it public. How do I give a link that works for everyone?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 10:30:20 PM

Not on all orders. Every order in directcanada above $50 is guaranteed free shipping.
Is the above a joke?
m
l
June 1, 2012 10:39:47 PM

Ok I will consider direct Canada. Thanks for telling me.

Now can someone tell me if my Newegg link works and provide some feedback on which motherboard, gpu, and hd I should add and what else I should change please?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 10:44:27 PM

I fixed it for you. :) 

What GPU are you getting?

EDIT: Regarding IB CPUs; here is a post by me on another topic:
azeem40 said:
No, it is because IB has been proven to have some heat issues and that it doesn't OC as well when pushed. I think of it this way: 4.2 GHz IB is 4.5 GHz SB. Anything over 4.5 GHz SB or 4.2 GHz IB will not have much of an effect on performance (nothing noticeable anyway). There have been many people on OCN that have gotten to 4.2 GHz IB with stable temps.

m
l
June 1, 2012 10:57:06 PM

azeem40 said:
I fixed it for you. :) 

What GPU are you getting?

EDIT: Regarding IB CPUs; here is a post by me on another topic:

Thank you very much for fixing my link lol. Okay so I know that Ivy bridge is a no now, so I'm going to change the processor, to a 2500k now or 2550k?
About the GPU's, I want somebody to suggest one which can run all games nicely at 1680x1050. I also still need a motherboard and an hdd, I think i need a z77 motherboard right right? Any suggestions?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 10:58:30 PM

I never hinted it was not worth it.
m
l
June 1, 2012 11:00:18 PM

azeem40 said:
I never hinted it was not worth it.

Well, overclocking makes the cpu more future-proof so I must change that.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 11:10:03 PM

No it doesn't. I explained it pretty well what benefits you get from OCing higher than 4.2 GHz on IB.
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 11:31:12 PM

Looks good.
June 1, 2012 11:58:36 PM

Thanks for all your help but are you sure you can't make any recommendations as to what I should change and if that gpu is okay or if should I get a 1 gb?
m
l
July 31, 2012 5:48:33 PM

Best answer selected by Potato13.
m
l
August 1, 2012 5:22:47 AM

Looks good and very similar to one I just made.

Some differences i have is that i went for the ASRock Extreme4 motherboard which is a very popular Z77 chipset motherboard at the moment and I have hear a few negative reviews about the Gigabyte one although im sure they are very similar.

I went with the HAF 912 ADVANCED case which comes with an extra 2 fans and better cooling capabilities, and a better inside look also which would probably cost $30 more.

I also chose to include the Samsung 830 Series 128GB SSD to load my programs off. If you think you would enjoy quick boot speeds and quick loading times than that may be an option for you, along with that i put in a Seagate Barracuda 1TB for $85 for all my other files (music, movies, etc).

They might be a few things to consider which should still fall pretty close to your budget, but it is looking good and should be able to do everything that you want it to do!!

Hope you enjoy your new build!
m
l
!