New Build issues

pelmen

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hello everyone, I just purchased this build: http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2826919&CatId=7375

I setup everything nice and purddy. I go to boot up and nothing. First off it was giving me a loud whine like the mosquito ringtone. I looked through all your guides for booting and corrected everything. Now I go to boot up there are 4 LED's above the CPU and the blue one lights up for a fraction of a second and again, nothing, no fan spin no leds light up, nothing. It has a 450w PSU I used another 550w, same thing, quick blue led flick and thats it. I checked the screws and I had missed one because I had a standoff in there, woops, replaced it with one to hold down the motherboard and again, whinning mosquito sound without blue led now. Major wtf. Again guys I read a bunch of the threads here on similar issues and HOW TO's for builds and guides for not booting up, I read them carefully. Nothing.

So far I've done different PSU, one ram stick, no harddrive, no cdrom, and no video card. Im left with the CPU and motherboard but I don't have anything to check with. Anyone got any ideas?

Much appreciated.
Eli

pelmen

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Yep just checked that blue light is CPU power phase one, so I guess CPU powers for a split second and thats it. Also I have tried booting with CPU and ram only. Reseated CPU and RAM as well. Thanks though

EDIT: Got weird. The whining was back but no Blue LED when I push power button. I loosened all the screws out of curiosity and bam no whining but blue led lights up real quick again. This is really weird.

EDIT2: Wow. Well I've never seen this in years of dealing with computers. I loosened all the screws the damned thing turned on o.0