Partitions

January 21, 2005 5:34:23 PM

Hi there,

I have two discs in my PC, one of which is partitioned into two.

I was wanting to change the size of the partition so that my C:\ drive was
smaller and the D:\ drive was bigger. Previously I had done this using
partition magic 8.

My problem now is that I have converted my discs to dynamic and partition
magic will no longer let me so anything with the drives.

What program do I need to do this? I have data on both partitions.

Regards

--

Regards
Jamie Allison

More about : partitions

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 2:02:31 AM

You don't - I don't believe even the newest version of PM can handle
"dynamic" disks - unless they have a "server" version available (which would
be quite expensive to boot).

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

"Jamie" <jamieallisonYOURHEAD@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p p8Id.393$RK1.242@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
> Hi there,
>
> I have two discs in my PC, one of which is partitioned into two.
>
> I was wanting to change the size of the partition so that my C:\ drive was
> smaller and the D:\ drive was bigger. Previously I had done this using
> partition magic 8.
>
> My problem now is that I have converted my discs to dynamic and partition
> magic will no longer let me so anything with the drives.
>
> What program do I need to do this? I have data on both partitions.
>
> Regards
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Jamie Allison
> Remove YOURHEAD to reply

August 23, 2009 12:17:08 AM

"Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation" says that it allows to do precisely what you need, I have not tested it yet, but I will do it an will get back with feedback if it works.
!