Partitions

Hi there,

I have two discs in my PC, one of which is partitioned into two.

I was wanting to change the size of the partition so that my C:\ drive was
smaller and the D:\ drive was bigger. Previously I had done this using
partition magic 8.

My problem now is that I have converted my discs to dynamic and partition
magic will no longer let me so anything with the drives.

What program do I need to do this? I have data on both partitions.

Regards

--

Regards
Jamie Allison

    You don't - I don't believe even the newest version of PM can handle
    "dynamic" disks - unless they have a "server" version available (which would
    be quite expensive to boot).

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

    "Jamie" <jamieallisonYOURHEAD@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have two discs in my PC, one of which is partitioned into two.
    >
    > I was wanting to change the size of the partition so that my C:\ drive was
    > smaller and the D:\ drive was bigger. Previously I had done this using
    > partition magic 8.
    >
    > My problem now is that I have converted my discs to dynamic and partition
    > magic will no longer let me so anything with the drives.
    >
    > What program do I need to do this? I have data on both partitions.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards
    > Jamie Allison
    > Remove YOURHEAD to reply

  2. "Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation" says that it allows to do precisely what you need, I have not tested it yet, but I will do it an will get back with feedback if it works.

Configuration Partition Customization Windows XP