Sign in with
Your question

H100 Suddenly stopped working

Last response: in Components
September 27, 2012 9:35:21 PM

My H100 has been working fine for about two months or so, until when i started my PC today. The pump is just running fine, and it still cools, but neither the LED or the fans connected to it will run. When i connect the pin to the CPU_FAN, I get a CPU Fan error in BIOS and my computer won't turn on.

However, when I connect one of the included fans, it starts with no problems, so it can't be the MB connector, but the block is still not running fans or lights.

Only thing that I could think of is the 1-pin connector, cause the wire is a tad loose from the actual connector. I also tried kinda holding the wire to make sure it touched the CPU_FAN, but no luck. Also at one point, It randomly lit for like one second, and then went dark again.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be very appreciated!!

i7-2600k
14gbRAM 1333mhz
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Zotac 680 Amp! 2GB
Chieftec Super Series 650W
September 27, 2012 9:46:05 PM

Of course I ment that the computer started with no problems (not getting the CPU Fan error), and the LEDs and fans still not running
September 27, 2012 10:04:18 PM

If the pump is still working and if the LED's not showing up aren't bothering you, you could always connected the H100 fans to a fan controller.

If you want this issue fixed, then I would recommend an RMA.
Related resources
September 27, 2012 10:22:44 PM

mocchan said:
If the pump is still working and if the LED's not showing up aren't bothering you, you could always connected the H100 fans to a fan controller.

If you want this issue fixed, then I would recommend an RMA.

Yeah.. Would I then be able to check CPU temps? And since recommend an RMA, that means it probably is faulty?

Thanks for your help anyway :-)
September 27, 2012 10:24:58 PM

You should be able to monitor temperatures regardless of where you have your fans plugged in. Download HWMonitor or RealTemp and see if you can check temperatures :) 

And, yes, there is a chance it's defective.
September 27, 2012 10:36:49 PM

Try connecting the H100 connector to the Chassis_Fan just to make sure it is working properly.
!